What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

If anyone could make a fully functional reverse-order review in the same vein as kaniwani.com that would be fantastic.  that site has so much potential but isn’t being updated at all anymore.  everyone who uses it loves it, but right now it’s not as user-friendly as could be, and the owner/creator is just too busy with work/life to keep it up (understandably).   This is all I really want.  Someone make me happy?  :D

Reverse-order reviews with the SRS system and ability to burn items just like WK.  That is the perfect companion app/extension to use with wanikani.

kairu said... If anyone could make a fully functional reverse-order review in the same vein as kaniwani.com that would be fantastic.  that site has so much potential but isn't being updated at all anymore.  everyone who uses it loves it, but right now it's not as user-friendly as could be, and the owner/creator is just too busy with work/life to keep it up (understandably).   This is all I really want.  Someone make me happy?  :D

Reverse-order reviews with the SRS system and ability to burn items just like WK.  That is the perfect companion app/extension to use with wanikani.
 It's coming I swear! 
Tadgh11 said...
kairu said... If anyone could make a fully functional reverse-order review in the same vein as kaniwani.com that would be fantastic.  that site has so much potential but isn't being updated at all anymore.  everyone who uses it loves it, but right now it's not as user-friendly as could be, and the owner/creator is just too busy with work/life to keep it up (understandably).   This is all I really want.  Someone make me happy?  :D

It's coming I swear! 
 This makes me incredibly excited :D

Good luck!!!

I’d love to see an extension like this: /t/Userscript-Burn-Reviews-v1003/6806/1

But for your worst review items… A box like that, but would have you review the items you trip up most on - would this be possible with the API?

I want to replace every kanji with an image of Koichi.

I’ll be serious one day…

I want Kanji pages on lessons especially, but also reviews and such to include etymology information. This would probably be the most interesting and helpful thing for me, personally. Actually I would like etymology on some vocabulary, too. Like looking up “baka” horse-deer (stupid) was interesting. 

This is probably my main want.

I would be really interested in a script that works similar to the built-in “Wrap up” function, but lets you set the number you want.

I feel like I’m cheating my memory by using the 10 at a time because of seeing an item so near itself. However, because of the way that reviews are done, there often seems be items that are half answered (i.e., only the reading or only the meaning) which are still in the queue even if you click to wrap up. That may be all in my head, though I totally think it’s true. Even if that’s not true, a feature like this would be useful for people with larger review logs. I think it may even help incentivize chipping away at the stack, when you can easily quantify “Okay, I’m going to do 100 now and then another 42 tonight/tomorrow/etc.”

Anyone think they can whip something like this up?

Whelp, time to bump this dead thread :o

I’d really love to see a userscript that divides review items into categories further than Apprentice-Guru-Master-Enlightened-Burned.

We all know that items have “sub-categories” which corresponds to different time intervals. 
Basically, there is a huge difference between doing new lessons when you have 100 Apprentice items with a 4/8-hour interval, and 100 Apprentice items with a 3-day interval.  

I’d love to be able to see at a glance whether or not I have a lot of low-apprentice items, or if most of my apprentice items are going to be guru’d soon. Same with guru items too. 

Not really necessary I suppose, but id’t be kind of neat.  

Hey there. First post ever: A user script that automatically plays the “sound file” for vocab when you complete one would be really cool. I often click the little icon, but it can be quite a hassle.

Autoplay option in account settings. It does play every time after entering reading.

Peterstellar said...

Hey there. First post ever: A user script that automatically plays the "sound file" for vocab when you complete one would be really cool. I often click the little icon, but it can be quite a hassle. 
I believe this is already a feature in Wanikani. You go to your menu then settings and you should find an option that says autoplay audio for lessons or vocab. I think this is what you were looking for.

Party. I did not know this!! Thank you!

MMm, well I typed it out as its own post, but in case it gets lost or someone looks here instead, a shortcut for adding synonyms. Like how you can press f for info and such, may s for synonym. or ctr + s or shift + s or something. I add tons of synonyms and I have some issues with my mouse (and my hands), so this would be a huge helper!

Shiawase said... MMm, well I typed it out as its own post, but in case it gets lost or someone looks here instead, a shortcut for adding synonyms. Like how you can press f for info and such, may s for synonym. or ctr + s or shift + s or something. I add tons of synonyms and I have some issues with my mouse (and my hands), so this would be a huge helper!
 hmm, good idea!

Don’t know if someone’s already suggested this, but I really want to be able to see exactly how many items are going to be in my next review session. I’m tired of seeing “Next review: ~2 hours”, making sure I stop studying at the specified time to go find a computer to do my reviews, and finding out it’s just 1 item.

SceleratSleuth said... Don't know if someone's already suggested this, but I really want to be able to see exactly how many items are going to be in my next review session. I'm tired of seeing "Next review: ~2 hours", making sure I stop studying at the specified time to go find a computer to do my reviews, and finding out it's just 1 item.
 Have a look at the Ultimate Timeline, by rfindley
/t/Userscript-WaniKani-Ultimate-Timeline/10516/1

I couldn’t find a script but I was wondering if there was some script to display, during reviews, what level that item was. For example, if an item says “Enlightened” or “Master” then you might want to take extra time to make sure it was spelled correctly before hitting “enter”.

I think this would be useful. What do you guys think?

aragonsr said... I couldn't find a script but I was wondering if there was some script to display, during reviews, what level that item was. For example, if an item says "Enlightened" or "Master" then you might want to take extra time to make sure it was spelled correctly before hitting "enter".

I think this would be useful. What do you guys think?
This should do the trick.
Now praise the almighty samurai cat! 
/t/Userscript-Wanikani-Review-SRSLevel-Indicator/11382/1

Is it possible to making the readings show up before meanings for lessons in a script?
Perhaps even changing the meaning showing up beneath the radical/kanji/vocab to the reading (though I think that requires a lot of extra work).
Edit: Found /t/Userscript-Wanikani-Lesson-Tab-Transmutation/12189/1 this. Oops.

Maybe more simply hiding the meaning underneath? Might still be nice.

Attempting to learn from reading -> meaning is difficult when the meaning is being shown in bold letters.
(I know there’s only a few people who would actually want this, but it would be a QOL change for me personally :P)

I am probably echoing many posts, but I would really like a script that would get rid of the ‘lol you learned this reading before’. Even in compound words, I would like a refresher as to how Wanikani let me remember the kanji readings in the first place. Instead of ‘lol you should know this idiot’ I would like a refresher. Either that, or a script that would let me send items back to apprentice (1), when I do not remember it at Enlightened (7), instead of waiting for it to come up again in a few months when I do not remember it now.

I have a very fluctuating job in which a stretch of months I can study multiple times a day to when I can study at most once every few days. I feel like this is a fundamental issue with Wanikani for the working folk.