What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Is there anything like Wrong of the Day, but for lessons?

What does that even mean?

1 Like

Sorry, should have been more specific. It’s a script. I’ve linked it my original post.

1 Like

I know of the script, but what would it mean for lessons?

1 Like

You’re right again, it’s not quite the same. Well, I like to review my lesson queue after doing lessons. But after starting a new “lesson” session Wanikani is emptying Lessons Summary from the last session. Unfortunately, the summary is cleared also when refreshing the page (my internet connection is quite unstable so I often have to start the session again). If I do lesson in 3 batches 5 lessons each and my internet connection drops in the last batch, then the summary won’t include lessons from the first 2 batches.

I could set my session to 15 items, but I’d prefer not, because the number of lesson I do each day vary. If they’re difficult I stop at 10. But if they’re easier I do more.

Hope that explains what I meant.

1 Like

There are two scripts I can think of that may do what you want. Both scripts share a Recent Lessons filter that will select lessons taken within a configurable number of hours.

Recent

The first script is the Self-Study Quiz which will setup a quiz session to review your items. The second script is Item Inspector which will display the items in a table. You can setup the table to display the reading and meaning of the items in a tooltip for ease of studying. Disclosure: I am the author of Item Inspector.

2 Likes

If you just want to see the items that you have done then the Heatmap can show you a summary for the day if you click on the day’s square

3 Likes

The Heatmap script is great, but in this case I cannot speed-review the items, as there are not reading/meaning tooltips.

2 Likes

Ah, right. I forgot about that. I should add that

2 Likes

If you just want a list of items with meanings/readings in tooltips Item Inspector will do this. You will need some configuration though.

2 Likes

Great job there on the Item Inspector! It suits my needs perfectly! Not only I can speed-review recently learned items, but I could set up a sneak peak of future lessons too. I was looking for a script like that! Thanks!

I’m sorry if I’m too pushy, but do you plan to add a sorting feature? Having the recently learned items arranged in the order I’ve learned them would be just great.

3 Likes

And now it’s official, I’m a script junkie! I use so many of them. But really, the community adds so much value to Wanikani. Thank you all!

2 Likes

I don’t promise anything but I will see what I can do.

2 Likes

Not an extension, but still…

This [Chrome Extension] WaniKani Highlighter is very useful to me, but since it works with v1 of the API it will die soon. Do any of you know of a plugin or script with the same functionality or is it possible to update the old extension so it works with the new API?

4 Likes

I have other things to work on, but if anyone else wants to have a go here is the Github page

2 Likes

Hi, so my request would be the following:
As far as I’ve understood “ん” can be pronunced several diferrent ways: ɴ m n ɲ ŋ (ɰ̃ - I think this one isn’t very relevant).
Similar to the pitch accent I find it very hard to determine which one of the pronunciations the voice actors are using when saying “ん”. If anyone could make a userscript that displayed underneath every “ん” how the International Phonetic Alphabet represents it, that’d be wonderful!
I’ve looked into it and I noticed that jisho.org does not display an IPA reading for their vocabulary entries (at least not to my knowledge). If anyone is willing to tackle the coding part for this userscript I’d be happy to help them research and compile the IPA readings for every “ん” here on WK.

I don’t think that’s necessary. Looking at dialects and a few rules should let you know which one is being used. See these:

1 Like

I see, thank you. It seems I hadn’t done enough research - I’ll look into these articles. Maybe you’re right and such a script isn’t even necessary.

2 Likes

I’d deeply appreciate a writing practice mode. The way I imagine it, it would just task you with the name of a kanji either in kana or english and you would scribble it on paper. Ideally it would use the kanji already taught, including jukujo. There’s no checking possible with paper, so it’d be self-reported or without a metric.

I understand this is possible with some WK-to-anki workaround but I’d rather it be integrated directly.

Maybe KameSame or KaniWani could work for your purposes?