What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

If anyone is feeling helpful right now, there’s a (probably) very simple-to-make script that could help me out a lot. I’m absolutely clueless when it comes to that stuff, so if anyone would be willing to make it for me, I’d be incredibly grateful! Here is what I’m looking for:

So I have a userscript that hides the English translation of the context sentences, making you hover over it in order to reveal it. For reference, I’ll leave a link to it below.

It’s certainly very useful to practice your reading and comprehension skills and has helped me a lot. But what I’m asking for now is the same script, but instead hiding the Japanese sentence. This would allow you to look at the English sentence first, translate it, and THEN look at a possible Japanese translation provided by WK.

I believe what I struggle with most is expressing myself in Japanese. If from now on, every time I learn a new word on WK, I get to use it in context (further reinforcing my memory of the newly learnt word), while simultaneously practicing to build sentences, and then looking at WK’s Japanese translation and comparing it with mine, if I make that a habit, how much would I improve in the long run?

As an idea, you could even make it hide both, so the script could be used either way: Japanese first OR English first. A blur spoiler like this could be cool be a good way to enhance the script. But even if it only hides the sentence just like in the script above, I’d be really happy.

2 Likes