What do you type in when you have no idea what the kanji is?

same here, “い” or “i”, too lazy to type I guess

I also usually do い or う for no good reason (but should change it now that I’m getting kanji where that could be correct). I actually avoid typing in something like こう or りょく just because I’m worried I’ll accidentally teach my brain to associate the kanji with an incorrect reading. So maybe ああああああ is a good way to go. :smiley:

めんどくせー。。。。。

On reading questions I have to type the okurigana, because I installed the ‘do you even kana’ script on my laptop. On my phone I just select a kana at random, or guess. Except lately I have been usig Flaming Durtles, so I just use the “don’t know” button.

1 Like

じ is for Jesus

This is why I installed the “close but no cigar” userscript, because I was accidentally cheating way too often.

1 Like

same for me, immediately followed by hitting enter so i don’t have to stare at my mistake longer than i have to

2 Likes

I write “watu”

In the beginning it was “what”, but I’ve got to think of something else for the readings.

1 Like

Wow, had no idea others did this as well, amazing. I just type “ka” everytime for no good reason.

I always type “fu” for meaning and “ふ” for reading

Fu as in, F U, as in…you know

I type either “dunno” or “wakanai”

I type “ひ” unless I think the answer might be “ひ”…

Press x to doubt

Came here to say this.

1 Like

urge to vocalize internal monologue intensifies<

1 Like

I remember that when I started WaniKani, I forgot the reading of 下 so I just looked at my kana keyboard (on mobile) and randomly clicked on the middle top character - か, and… it was accepted.
That was weird, but at least I don’t think I ever forgot the reading afterwards.

2 Likes

wakarimasen

1 Like

I type a variety of things, sometimes long strings, to give me a laugh among other things. “I forget”, “what the heck was this”, “seriously wth is this kanji, how does a cow and a blade make ‘untie’”, etc…

HAHA! I always type KA or か for no valid reason xD

Welcome to the forums, @DFlaten
We hope you enjoy your flight

1 Like