Wesbite slow to load when I start my reviews

When I open the reviews on my computer it is very slow to load and I have to wait until it is loaded in order to type my answers. Sometimes when I start to type it freezes and I have to wait for it to unfreeze.

Any ideas?

I have seen this brought up a few times and if I recall correctly, the issue in those cases was browser ad blockers. If you hare running an ad blocker you could try disabling it to see if that resolves the issue and if it does then configure your ad blocker to add an exception for WK.

@Thartperson: I suspect that @mgrice may be correct, but a quick, simple, painless(?) way to do a sanity check would be to try in another web browser, ideally one that’s “out of the box” new so there’s no interference from extensions, stale cache, etc.

That said, it could also be a local performance issue. I tend to leave a lot of tabs running, and while there’s been some improvements at times browsers generally don’t get faster over time, so if there’s anything that can be done to clean things up a bit that could help as well: RAM, free disk space (for swap), and other things will play a role, especially when resource-constrained.