Week 8: フルーツバスケット ・ Fruits Basket 🍏 🍇 🍑 🍒 🍐 🍊 🧺

Join the Beginner Book Club Book Club here!

Home Thread: フルーツバスケット ・ Fruits Basket :green_apple: :grapes: :peach: :cherries: :pear: :tangerine: :basket:

Week 8

Fruits Basket 1

Start Date: August 8th
Previous Part: Week 7
Next Part: Week 9

Reading:

Week Start Date Chapter Pages (old) Pages (Collector’s) Page Count
Week 8 August 8th Chapter 7 3 - 36 (v2) 209 - 242 34

Vocabulary List

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

3 Likes

I don’t think I am going to keep reading this. Not much is happening in terms of story, and I am not really interested in the characters :man_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Well, I decided to stick with this one for the second volume - I was swayed by the sweet way the first volume ended xD They do feel like a little family now, which is quite cute.

But seriously, whose random dog is that :rofl:

4 Likes

I thought the same thing :joy: That’s a bit much, especially considering strays aren’t a thing in Japan… But, hey, plot (?) device. :woman_shrugging:

That’s too bad :slightly_frowning_face: I actually like most of them, and I was happy to get some background on how those two became 透’s friends.

5 Likes

Ugh. I just wanted to catch up, opened volume 2 and only got a white page with a text telling me that I can’t read the manga. Apparently it wasn’t free to keep. I wish they’d be a bit more clear, same inconsistency as Honto. I can’t even get rid of it. It keeps showing up in my Kindle library. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How strange! I just checked mine (I downloaded the free version) and it is still working OK.

You can manage your digital downloads through your account on the Amazon website. I think it is called “manage content and devices” or something like that. You can permanently delete stuff from there.

1 Like

Huh, weird. When did you ‘order’ them? I got them on July 10. Did you already download them? I really should have downloaded and plugged them into Calibre. <.<

1 Like

It says I ordered them on May 8, so I probably downloaded them the same day. It seems weird that they would stop you from reading them after a certain date. I hope you can figure it out.

And thanks for the reminder to update my calibre library.

1 Like

I guess I should have downloaded them right away, too. Not much to figure out, I just bought volume 2 and started reading. :blush:

1 Like

In case you want to avoid the same thing happening in the future, the kindle manga that only temporarily can be read for free usually have something like this in the title :slight_smile: (and then the description usually gives the exact date it can be read until)

bild

3 Likes

Ya, I’m aware and usually don’t bother with those because I never read them in time anyway. I can’t remember that they had a date in the description, but they probably did. I guess I wasn’t paying much attention when I got them. Welp, not a big deal though. :open_book:

3 Likes

I had to check my kindle. I took down LOTS of free stuff, just cause free :rofl:
It automatically downloaded to my kindle on my phone, so still readable =)

Just me or had someone else this song stuck in their head after reading this part?

2 Likes

OMG I totally missed out on this when I read the chapter! But now that you highlighted it, I immediately got it. Thanks for pointing it out!

And thanks for the earworm :rofl:

My pleasure! :+1:t2: (now I’m not the only one :smirk:)

1 Like