Join the Advanced Book Club here!
パノラマ島綺譚 Home Thread
Start Date: November 6th
Previous Part: Week 2
Next Part: Week 4
- Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
- When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
- To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)
- I’m reading along
- I have finished this part
- I’m planning to catch up later
- I’m skipping this book
Now we’re talking! I found these chapters impressively gross, which I enjoyed!
This paragraph in chapter 8:
… is very disgusting, in a good way. Not one but two weird metaphors for scooping a rotting corpse out of a grave! Magnifique! I don’t know what jellyfish-skin gloves (?) would feel like exactly, but I know I don’t want to find out so I guess I won’t go out and emulate ol’ FKA Hirosuke Hitomi anytime soon.
I also thought there was something nice and evocative about the word 異臭.
I’m also curious how the plan develops from here. The silence gambit surely cannot last for long, so maybe we’ll get some actual dialogue at some point.
Well, I have been warned then
Maybe, reading those chapters before bed isn’t such a great idea.
My god it is gross. I was not expecting so much detail.
This can’t end well…に相違ありません。
I hope you didn’t read them while brushing your teeth.
I did not!
At the same time, I have no other time in my day where I can read this book (I usually have something else to read), so I ended up not reading those chapters at all
I dunno… it might promote a desire for hygiene!
You end up trying to brush your brain as well?