Join the Advanced Book Club here!
パノラマ島綺譚 Home Thread
Start Date: November 13th
Previous Part: Week 3
Next Part: Week 5
- Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
- When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
- To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)
- I’m reading along
- I have finished this part
- I’m planning to catch up later
- I’m skipping this book
Hopefully my comment last time didn’t scare anyone off too permanently!
These chapters reminded me a lot of the ominous land surveying and pipe laying montages in There Will Be Blood.
I thought I maybe found a typo in むしょう given as furigana for 無上, but I checked aozora and it’s consistently that way every time the word appears so I guess not.
I really liked the ending paragraph of chapter 11:
Also the end of chapter 12, where Ranpo just goes “look, you might be wondering about all the problems and setbacks he had during this time, but for the sake of time if you have any questions assume he solved all those problems with the vast, vast amount of money he has now, okay? Let’s move on” is so funny.
Lol yeah the end of chapter 12 made me laugh. “The margin is too small so it’s left as an exercise to the reader” Pretty convenient.
I finished this week’s reading before Friday for the first time so far. I guess my speed is increasingly slightly as I get used to the Rampo style. Never thought it could take so long to read 15 pages.