Week 2: 今はもうない - Switch Back

Join the Saikawa & Moe (S&M) Series Book Club here!

今はもうない - Switch Back Home Thread

Week 2

Start Date: Mar 23
Previous Part: Week 1
Next Part: Week 3

Reading:

Week Start Date Chapter Page Count
Week 2 Mar 23 Ch. 1.5 - Ch. 1.10 ~68

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book
0 voters

2 dead bodies in a locked room! :slight_smile:

I like the narrative style here, I think. We get to see 萌絵 from more of an outside perspective, shakes things up a bit.

His focus on his love life is a bit much sometimes, but I guess we all have our weaknesses. I probably wouldn’t have written then down in a retelling, but to each their own. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I don’t think I’d want to be a guest at a dinner party during a stormy night while Moe’s around. It just seems dangerous…

I’m guessing that the 幕間’s will be the only S&M sections, and the rest of the book will be from Sasaki’s perspective. And he’s probably meant to be a sort of anti-Saikawa who thinks slower than Moe and is much more upfront about his feelings towards her. I’m not sure how he’ll fit into the case in the long run though.

4 Likes

Ha that’s a smart interpretation!

And when did Saikawa & Moe start having this much innuendo… >_> (I guess if you write it as “S&M” instead it’s not longer that surprising)

3 Likes

Technically, in two locked rooms, but yeah, that escalated quickly :laughing:

Oh, interesting idea!

Oh you mean into this book‘s case? I guess he will just retell the story and admire Moe from the sidelines…

Initially I thought you were talking about the series going forward, to which my reply was:

今はもうない, I guess? I mean, in „real life“ we are already one year further, and there was no mention of him as far as I remember…

I wonder whether that was the reason she had tears in her eyes when he kissed her?

2 Likes

There are a lot of lines like “this is something I’ll explain in further details later” or “at that moment I didn’t know what that was supposed to mean, but now…” and then proceeds not to elaborate on it. I feel like it’s almost as frequent as Saikawa smoking (?!) :durtle_stabby:

I agree! Even if the love stuff is a bit much, it’s better than Saikawa’s philosophic ponderings.

4 Likes