๐Ÿ‘ป Week 12 10ๅˆ†ใงใ‚ˆใ‚ใ‚‹ใ“ใ‚ใ„่ฉฑใƒป10 minute Scary Stories (Absolute Beginner Book Club)

Page 158 Sentence 3

ใ‘ใ‚Œใฉใ€ใ˜ใ—ใ‚“ ใพใ‚“ใพใ‚“ใง ใŠใจใ“ใฏ ใฉใ‚“ใฉใ‚“ ใใฐใ‚’ ใŸในใฆ ใ„ใใพใ™ใ€‚

However, the man is going to eat the noodles steadily at ease.

Page 158 Sentence 4

ใฏใ‚‰ใฏใ€ใ„ใพใซใ‚‚ ใฏใกใใ‚Œใใ† ใงใ™ใ€‚

The Stomach soon seems to bei filled to bursting.

Page 158 Sentence 5

ๅ…ญๅใพใ„ใ‚ใ‚’ ใพใˆใซ ใ—ใฆ ใ€Œใ™ใ“ใ—ใ ใ‘ใ€ใ‚„ใ™ใพใ›ใฆ ใใ ใ•ใ„ใ€‚ใ€ใจใ€ใŠใจใ“ใฏ ใŠใใฎ ใธใ‚„ใซ ใฏใ„ใ‚Šใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

Just 60 plates in Front of His eyes, โ€œJust a small Rest please.โ€ The man went into a room.

This is just the equivalent of โ€œho-ho!โ€

He descended the mountain. ใŠใ‚Š is just a verb-form of ้™ใ‚Šใ‚‹

To bet

It was thought to be impossible.

ใซๆฑบใพใฃใฆใ„ใ‚‹ is an N2 grammar point, literally โ€œit was decidedโ€

Is this a laugh? Like Ho Ho Ho of Santa Clause.

It could be, but in this case itโ€™s more a triumphant exclamation I think.

Like The German โ€œHa!โ€?

I think so!

Page 158 Sentence 6

ใใ—ใฆ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ˜ใ‚’ ใ—ใ‚ใ‚‹ใจใ€ใตใจใ“ใ‚ ใ‹ใ‚‰ ใ‚ใฎ ใ‚ใ‹ใ„ ใใ•ใ‚’ ใจใ‚Šใ ใ—ใ€ใบใ‚ใฃใจ ใชใ‚ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

ใใ—ใฆ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ˜ใ‚’ ใ—ใ‚ใ‚‹ใจใ€
and then he closed the Shoji (paper sliding door)

ใตใจใ“ใ‚ ใ‹ใ‚‰ ใ‚ใฎ ใ‚ใ‹ใ„ ใใ•ใ‚’ ใจใ‚Šใ ใ—ใ€
To Take out that Red grass from His pocket

ใบใ‚ใฃใจ ใชใ‚ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚
To taste with sticking Out his tongue

Page 159 Sentence 1

ใ•ใฆใ€ใ—ใฐใ‚‰ใใ‚‰ใ—ใฆใ‚‚ใ€ใŠใจใ“ใฏ ใงใฆ ใใพใ›ใ‚“ใ€‚

Then even after a short time the man didnโ€™t leave.

Page 159 Sentence 2

ใ€ŒใŠใƒผใ„ใ€ ใ ใ„ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใถใ‹ใ„ใ€‚ใ€

Hello, are you ok?

Page 159 Sentence 3

ใฟใ‚“ใชใฏ ใ—ใ‚“ใฑใ„ใซ ใชใฃใฆใ€ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ˜ใ‚’ ใ‚ใ‘ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

Everyone became worried, they opened the Shoji (paper sliding door).

Page 159 Sentence 4

ใใ“ใซ ใŠใจใ“ใฎ ใ™ใŒใŸใฏ ใชใใ€ใใฐใŒ ใใ‚‚ใฎใ‚’ ใใฆใ€ใ™ใ‚ใฃใฆ ใ„ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

There were noodles in the shape of a man, wearing a Kimono and holding still.

ใ˜ใ—ใ‚‡ says that ใชใ means to cry, but I donโ€™t know how to add that to the Sentence.

Page 159 Sentence 5

ใ˜ใคใฏใ€ใ‚ใ‹ใ„ ใใ•ใฏใ€ใพใ‚“ใทใใฎ ใฏใ‚‰ใฎ ใชใ‹ใฎ ใ‚‚ใฎใ‚’ ใจใ‹ใ™ใฎใงใฏ ใชใใ€ใซใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ‚’ ใจใ‹ใ™ ใใ• ใ ใฃใŸ ใฎใงใ™ใ€‚

ใ˜ใคใฏใ€
As a Matter of fact

ใ‚ใ‹ใ„ ใใ•ใฏใ€
The Red grass

ใพใ‚“ใทใใฎ ใฏใ‚‰ใฎ ใชใ‹ใฎ ใ‚‚ใฎใ‚’ ใจใ‹ใ™ใฎใงใฏ
To dissolve the Thing inside the full stomach

ใชใใ€
?

ใซใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ‚’ ใจใ‹ใ™ ใใ• ใ ใฃใŸ ใฎใงใ™ใ€‚
The grass dissolved the human

I donโ€™t understand the Story. What is the man doing and what is the snake doing?

The man ate a Lot of Soba. Other people were betting how much He can eat. He Sees a snake, goes Back to the Restaurant, eats more Soba and turns into Soba after licking the Red grass.

Did I Miss Something? Is the role of the snake really so little?

Story summary

He won a bet by eating a lot of soba, but declined a second bet as he knew he couldnโ€™t do it.

He then saw a snake swallow a person whole, and then lick the red grass, and its stomach shrank.

He thought if he did the same thing, he could shrink the contents of his stomach, and win another bet.

But it turned out that the red grass caused humans to dissolve, not the stomach contents. So all that was left was the masses of soba heโ€™d been eating.

I just wanted to add to what cathm said, that the ใ‘ใฉ at the end is a whole grammar thing
โ€ฆTofugu on why end sentence with ใ‘ใฉ

In my mind I put โ€œโ€ฆbutโ€ฆuhโ€ฆโ€ at the end

The ใ‚„ใ‚Š as used here you can find in meaning 1 ใ‚„ใ‚‹ to play (a game)

For me, ใ‚„ใ‚‹ is a little bit difficult because it has so many usesโ€ฆI avoid using it when Iโ€™m trying to speak.. :sweat_smile:

In Japanese, they watch่ฆ‹ใ‚‹ (ใฟใ‚‹) dreamsๅคข (ใ‚†ใ‚) โ€ฆ and the ใกใ‚ƒใฃใŸ is what Soggy mentioned with regards to Page 145 sentence 5, above that

In Duolingo, with a Verb ending involving ใฆใ—ใพใ† (or casual speech short form ใกใ‚ƒใ†) they usually use the words โ€œI ended up Verb -ingโ€

So essentially what cathm said, "In the end, I didnโ€™t finish my homework, and I ending up having a strange dream about it.*

In this case, I think itโ€™s a connecting form of the negative ใชใ„ does not exist/is gone
Here as โ€œthe manโ€™s form was goneโ€ ใ™ใŒใŸใŒใชใ„
โ€ฆBunPro on ใชใใฆโ€ฆ
โ€ฆBut then I canโ€™t say why the ใฆ is missing
โ€ฆ For more fun (English) reading, here is Tofugu on ใชใ„

Iโ€™m pretty sure that Renshuu.org offers Japanese to German. It sucks to have to learn through English, if you are a German speaker, CherryAppleใ•ใ‚“!

Thanks for your explanations. Just one Story left and then I can finally go through everything again to learn it properly.

Are you also not a native english speaker?
I understand Most of english but sometimes I still hear / read words that I donโ€™t know. Maybe they arenโ€™t used as often in Common speach as they appear in the dictionary?

Iโ€™m a native English speaker, but learning languages has made me more sensitive to difficulties other native speakers face, because many language learning materials on the Internet seem to first focus on relating to Englishโ€ฆ

I have the Same Impression. Internet = english. I think learning Japanese without knowing english is impossible or at least extremely difficult. There is no decent Japanese learning Material in German. There is not nothing but I didnโ€™t Like the books I tried.

Japanisch im Sauseschritt is a Translation of Japanese for busy people with very few Grammar. And Japanisch Schritt fรผr Schritt often doesnโ€™t give you example sentences for the Grammar Points they want you to create a Sentence with.

I also have never Seen Something for jlpt-preparation similar to sou matome or shinkanzen master.

The First time I tried to learn Japanese was when I was 12 years old. Thatโ€™s 20 years ago. Iโ€™m glad that I now can use english to learn Japanese.

Iโ€™ve actually been impressed with The Japan Foundation (they make textbooks in addition to many other activities, it seems; they make Genki and Quartet and Marugoto and Irodori) .. Those last two are free and now have Japan to several other languages! I just checked for example Irodori here where it lists the various language editions, and they donโ€™t have German, yet for that one (but have Ukrainian now, and Khmer etc)
Hereโ€™s a link to Marugoto International. Theyโ€™ve got Egyptian and Peruvian, but not German, yet!

So my goal if I end up having time (especially since itโ€™s a long story, though relatively easy).

Iโ€™ll keep an eye on your translation for week 13, and then try to also translate it myself into German, since I realised recently that my German is getting seriously rusty.

If you Post your German Translation Here I can Tell you If the Sentence sounds ok. But I probably wonโ€™t be able to tell If the translation from Japanese to German is correct.

Fair! Iโ€™m planning to put the English in there too though.

Thank you so much for that! That ending was a bit confusing for me :rofl: