We salute you API Version 1

Do I want to know what kind of user script that is‽ :fearful:

8 Likes

Someone posted a fix in the Homophone Explorer thread.

2 Likes

It’s basically just whenever I get some free time. It’s been a crazy year, working 7 days a week for much of that time. I may or may not get a little bit done this week since I’m waiting on some equipment to arrive for the next leg of my current work project. But I also have house projects to catch up on, so… We’ll see.

21 Likes

You need some rest :pray:t2:

16 Likes

I still use AlliCrab! :sweat_smile: the main screen isn’t able to update as it can’t access the API, but my lessons/reviews still work since it just opens an in-app web browser to do that. Makes using userscripts really simple on iOS (at least the ones it comes with).

Separately, I’ve had a Google sheets app running daily for the past 3 years or so, creating a giant spreadsheet tracking my progress (which has been very slow :pensive:), which now stopped working. It lists out the number of kanji/vocab at each level (guru/master/enlightned/burned) and my current level. I know I found the original code for it, which I slightly modified, on a post here but can’t remember where – does anybody have a similar sheets app? I’m trying to upgrade it to use the v2 API right now, but checking if somebody’s already done that

1 Like

Would this do?

How about IPA?

3 Likes

Yes! Thank you! (probably could’ve found it myself if I put an ounce of effort into searching on my own…)

I wasn’t sure how to get the current SRS stage of every subject and then how to map them to the traditional apprentice/guru/master/etc… categories, but viet’s code shows exactly how to do that. (thank you to @viet as well!)

2 Likes

OMG, Thanks for letting me know! I just tried it and works fine past the main screen!!!
You just extended this old iPad’s life and saved it from the e-waste pile, AlliCrab is one of the few apps still working on it!

2 Likes

Woo! Glad I could help save your iPad’s life :joy:

1 Like

It is raining …

Thanks API V1.

5 Likes

Did you try Tsurukame? I assume you did, just making sure

2 Likes

@viet

It seems the link to the API documentation is broken on these pages. It just takes you to www.wanikani.com.

Strange, can’t use half of the features on the WaniKani stats page anymore.Charts section only shows the percentage up to the level I’m currently at and then keeps repeating that percentage over and over.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Fix is on its way out now.

7 Likes

Wow you answer quick :smiley: Thank you!

Thanks API 1 for being used on the statistics page and making me feel slow and steady :smiley: (but mostly slow :stuck_out_tongue: )

do I need to do anything or is this just an automatic update?

5 Likes

I have, but there are things I don’t like about it.

2 Likes