Way to cycle through learned items to study

OK, so right now you can select Radicals, Kanji, or Vocab at the top of the dashboard. Then you can look at the various lattices. You can then click on an item to open up its full page. I think it would be great if (for example), when you have a Kanji open to the full page that explains its radicals, reading, meaning, etc, there was a left and right arrow so you could go through all the Kanji you’re studying like a slide show. That would really help with studying in between reviews!

Without making the “SRS purist” argument, there’s really no need to do extensive studying between the reviews. Properly absorb the lessons (i.e. take your time, recite the mnemonics, maybe write the kanji a few times) and then just let the reviews do their thing. Checking individual item pages occasionally is normal, but the scope of the site means that studying between reviews quickly becomes infeasible.

Agreeing with @Leebo here. WaniKani is very effective at helping you learn kanji. There are very many words outside of it that you could spend your time learning. I look around the room and see so many that I haven’t learned yet. Especially hiragana only words. Also, time is very well spent studying grammar as well. So, if you want to review those words in between, there’s nothing really stopping you. But I think that there’s better uses for your time.

Edit: Sorry, just realized that I wasn’t really answering your question. ごめんなさい!

Umm… there actually are such buttons (or links, rather). They’re there, but very subtle. Look closely at the very top of each item page.

In my eyes, also JLPT-wise, also depending on your goal (what you want to achieve), you don’t really need to finish Level 10 before finishing JLPT N5.

Wait for grammar first.

Sorry, not your question again…

For more items to study, non-textbook approach, I suggest Core 10k breakdown, if you can tolerate Anki. If you can’t tolerate Anki, you might try this export here.

There are arrows at the top of each item’s page that you can click on. They’re pretty faint though so they’re easy to miss.

I don’t really look at the kanji pages but I like cycling through old vocab to look at the example sentences.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.