Wanikani, why are you that mean to me? D:

Was on my way to burn dat. Seriosly, that was a stab in the heart, I’m wounded for all my life now.

15 Likes

or maybe not…

6 Likes

This type of thing has happened a couple of times for me and I’ve started looking at it like free accuracy % when I do them a couple more times. To stop myself punching a monitor/throwing a phone.

I respect people who made it here without any script. I’ll just override that shit. :skull::skull:

6 Likes

Ignore wrong answer script, friend. All I have to say.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, part of the reason I don’t want to touch any scripts is so I can say I didn’t at the end lol.

(cue low key flex)

Screenshot_20181215-004223_Firefox

7 Likes

I don’t use scripts either… but how the heck do you get such accuracy?! I’m truly impressed!

Here’s mine!

2 Likes

Wow it’s crazy how many more reviews you’ve had from just 10ish percent difference. My review queue is light because I don’t get much wrong, and it takes me ages to do lessons because I invent and reinforce mnemonics and write down every word, synonym and reading in a notebook, read all the example sentences etc. Idk. A lot of my mistakes are typos believe it or not.

Edit: no intention to hijack thread OP but yeah if you don’t want to use scripts you’re gonna have to eat one of these occasionally.

3 Likes

There you are! That is brilliant! Hats off to you! I think I must start doing more of the same. I write them down in a notebook when I get them wrong in reviews, but, to be honest, I’ve always ignored the example sentences (too many unknown kanjis!) and I rarely make up my own mnemonics. I must start doing so. Thanks so much for the great tips, and keep up the good work!

2 Likes

you have me beat :slight_smile:
i do use override, but i don’t ignore honest mistakes

1 Like

Ive posted this before, but yeah; home made dictionary :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

You’re way faster than me though. I sort of have a goal to have less than 1000 mistakes by 100% burn which sounds insane, because it is… but I can’t really claim it if I override stuff. So I’ve learned to deal with dumb errors. For me seeing those .0x digits shift down makes me very sad lol. It’s like a game I’m playing against myself.

2 Likes

i’m fast because i know lots of kanji already, and those i don’t know, i drill like crazy the first 1-2 days.

1 Like

We do what we gotta. This accuracy thing is keeping me motivated and focused so I’m using it.

1 Like

i’m in it for the quantity, but i do want to retain what i learn. else, why bother :wink: it’s a huge undertaking.

1 Like

Your handwriting is really nice!

3 Likes

Damm… I’m around 94% accuracy, which I consider pretty decent… it’s also true that I go almost full steam… but I need the Ignore Script. English is not my native language, so I make a lot of typos in English (even for Wanikani lol) even if I know the meaning. I also make Japanese typos like trying to hit enter and hitting delete on my phone, to then hit enter…

everything over 80% is great. no need to be perfectionist :slight_smile: huho is handwriting like crazy and i know a lot already and am drilling.

3 Likes

Im curious now though, with regards to fast vs slow, how long the difference is in learning. Look at those two screenshots - 85% accuracy is not bad by any stretch but @marcusp has had to do twice as many reviews as me by level 14?! It might not effect levelling speed if you get to guru without too many mistakes but surely that has to affect learning speed in general :open_mouth:

Edit: @seanblue thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i’d think he’s been at (up to) this level for a while and just cycled reviews.