Vocabulary Sorting Needed!

Wouldn’t it be awesome if when you are checking your vocabulary list you could easily sort the items?
For example, you could see verbs in one place, adjectives in another etcetera…
It would also be so handy to be able to divide verbs into go-dan and ichi-dan and adjectives into -i and na adjectives. This way, it is easy to do a quick review of your vocabulary or to search for a set of words you don’t quite remember.

11 Likes

Ooo, or transitive/intransitive pairs.

10 Likes

yes, that too

1 Like

I would love this! Just to find all the little nuances between different verbs that use the same kanji.

1 Like

That is exactly what im looking for right now!

1 Like

Yes! I think this would be great. I’ve seen a couple of threads about this but it doesn’t look like anything has been done.

This is exactly what I’ve done (been doing) as I work my way through: I’m popping everything into excel, and I’ve got columns for type (radical / kanji / vocabulary), adjective type, verb type, part of speech, meaning, spelling, kanji used, hiragana/katakana used, on’yomi, on’yomi2, kun’yomi, kun’yomi2, usual reading, and notes to help me remember.

With this data base I can report back to myself, say, all the SURU verbs I’ve learned, or everything involving shrimp, or any words pronounced KAERU. Whatever I want. It’s been super helpful, I can’t imagine how people learn this stuff without making their own adjunct data sets!

1 Like

If anyone’s still interested, I just realized that you can kinda do this on Jisho! Search Options - Jisho.org
You can sort words by WaniKani level and part of speech, ex. #wanikani14 #adjective #wanikani14 #adjective - Jisho.org

I’m pretty sure they have every part of speech in Japanese. Only downside that I see is that you have to go through each Wanikani level individually, you can’t search all of Wanikani. (Though if Jisho has this feature idk how hard it would be to add it to Wanikani…)

3 Likes

Are… are people deliberately digging up this thread every five months?

This must be the shortest old thread I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

Let me set up a reminder…

1 Like

By “people” you basically just mean me and @ashleylm lol. I don’t know why, but I saw the last reply before mine like last week, even though it was posted in January, so when I found the Jisho feature today I just remembered the thread and thought to post about it. And I guess the time before that I was looking to see if anyone else had posted about wanting this feature? idk man ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.