Wanikani Reorder Ultimate [old version, not working]

Yabba said... 1.18 Reading to Meaning - I do the reading, then the meaning, and then it makes me do the reading again before I can move on. 

I understand why this is happening... I'll see if I can fix it.

This should be fixed in next release.

Yabba said...Random - often shakes the textbox as if it's incorrect but there's no reason for it
 I don't understand why...  I'll do some really large code block that has every corner I can think of...  Hopefully that works.

I ran the 12 reviews I had and didn't run into this problem... It's hard to tell what is causing this(I'm tired and lazy).  I'm thinking the previously stated bug may have something to do with this?  I'll push 1.19 to fix the redo bug.
xMunch said...
Yabba said... 1.18 Reading to Meaning - I do the reading, then the meaning, and then it makes me do the reading again before I can move on. 

I understand why this is happening... I'll see if I can fix it.

This should be fixed in next release.

Yabba said...Random - often shakes the textbox as if it's incorrect but there's no reason for it
 I don't understand why...  I'll do some really large code block that has every corner I can think of...  Hopefully that works.

I ran the 12 reviews I had and didn't run into this problem... It's hard to tell what is causing this(I'm tired and lazy).  I'm thinking the previously stated bug may have something to do with this?  I'll push 1.19 to fix the redo bug.
 You posted this original script 2 months ago as an "ultimate fix" and people are still commenting wanting more lol. I have deep respect for patient coders especially pro bono. You could have easily said "lol, no." So thanks for all your work!!!

Yabba said...
Random - often shakes the textbox as if it's incorrect but there's no reason for it

For me 1.19 fixed the textbox incorrectly shaking, thanks!

1.19  1x1mode not working for me ┐(´д`)┌ヤレヤレ
and neither is level sorting either

I second the thanks as well. It’s hard enough for me to stay motivated fixing some of the stupid bugs in our tracker that I’m getting paid to fix, let alone a free tool I made!..though I guess it’d be a little different if I used it myself. :slight_smile:

Yabba said... 1.19  1x1mode not working for me ┐(´д`)┌ヤレヤレ
and neither is level sorting either

I'll work on resubscribing tomorrow or Monday, then I'll have enough testing material to work on this.
Yabba said... You posted this original script 2 months ago as an "ultimate fix" and people are still commenting wanting more lol. I have deep respect for patient coders especially pro bono. You could have easily said "lol, no." So thanks for all your work!!!
 Seriously! Thanks!!!

keeps shaking it’s head (rejecting answers) that are correct - without actually saying answers are wrong. Have to force reorder to reset, happens every 3rd or 4th card.

michaelschauer said... keeps shaking it's head (rejecting answers) that are correct - without actually saying answers are wrong. Have to force reorder to reset, happens every 3rd or 4th card.
 I just resubscribed so, I'll do my best to fix it.  

Here is the stable release.
https://gist.github.com/xMunch/4b02e40cfdac68b4b6ad/raw/WKU.user.js

I split the versions.  We now have a stable release and a beta/experimental release.

Pushed v1.192 for beta version.  Switched the question type randomization from interval based function to event based function.   Hopefully that will fix problems for some people.

Stable version doesn’t appear to work on my office computer ;_; firefox… I use chrome at home… let me try switching some plug ins…

Just pushed 1.20
Made a change where it caches the item level data into your browser and will update if out of date.  

Need further input to see if I ironed out the question type bugs.  Probably going to do a rewrite soon.

xMunch said... Just pushed 1.20
Made a change where it caches the item level data into your browser and will update if out of date.  

Need further input to see if I ironed out the question type bugs.  Probably going to do a rewrite soon.
 Oh, huh... I use Private browsing while at work. Does that affect it?
Yabba said...
xMunch said... Just pushed 1.20

Oh, huh... I use Private browsing while at work. Does that affect it?
 It will have to load data every session of your private browsing.  It will be temporarily saved until you close that private session.

Have you noticed an improvement on the forced question types?

Hi, is there a way (short of disabling the script) to set that so that it won’t automatically order things (ie, you have to manually turn it on, rather than the current manually turning it off)? I find it great for ordering lessons, but I like the randomness during the reviews.

konekush said... Hi, is there a way (short of disabling the script) to set that so that it *won't* automatically order things (ie, you have to manually turn it on, rather than the current manually turning it off)? I find it great for ordering lessons, but I like the randomness during the reviews.
 It doesn't automatically order.  It will only order them if you switch the order of the items or press force reorder.

Maybe I haven’t found the option yet, but is there a possibility to first test the reading of a vocab and then its’ meaning? A huge part of fluency is knowing a word without thinking directly of the English translation. (The typical “uhh…how do you say it in English??” thing.) and I think it would be optimal if the first thing that comes to your mind when you see a word is its’ reading. Buuut maybe that’s just me.  

Umbrea said... Maybe I haven't found the option yet, but is there a possibility to first test the reading of a vocab and then its' meaning? A huge part of fluency is knowing a word without thinking directly of the English translation. (The typical "uhh...how do you say it in English??" thing.) and I think it would be optimal if the first thing that comes to your mind when you see a word is its' reading. Buuut maybe that's just me.  
 If you have the most up to date beta version, there is a drop down box that has 3 options [Random, Reading > Meaning, Meaning > Reading].  Depending on the option it will force question types to what you picked.  You would want Reading > Meaning.

thank you <3

Any other features you guys would like to see in this script?  I’m working on version 2 and the framework is coming along nicely.

I’m planning to add saved setting for 1x1 mode, type ordering and forced question mode.  That way it will be the same as the last time you used it.

Completely nit-picking here but is there a way to save the review settings so I don’t have to manually select them each time?

For example, say I like starting with Kanji first, then radicals, then vocab, from lowest to highest level, reading->meaning option.  Every time.  Is there a way to save that set-up so next time I load the page it automatically has my ideal settings selected?  That way the only time I need to change anything is if I want to switch up the reviews a bit.  I realize I am lazy but…it would be nice.