Wanikani Reorder Ultimate [old version, not working]

awesome, no that’s a fair point. I actually usually learn them all at once when I level up (if I have a spare hour or so) so I figured I should learn them in order (ie learn the radical of something then afterwards the resepective kanji and vocab) so it’s sort of like building blocks if you know what I mean. But seeing as I learn them all in one go I hopefully won’t be neglecting anything. But yeah I agree with you vocab is deffs important and the main reason im learning kanji :slight_smile:

I think this script is causing problems with Wanikani Improve. I posted the problem on the Wki thread, but I thought I would quote it here as well. It’s not super inconvenient, but I still am curious as to what is causing it.

WillNiels said…So I am observing some conflicts with the Wanikani Reorder Ultimate 2 script. When the script reorders the items, sometimes the current item is observed twice or more in a row by wki and the previous item displayed is the same as the current item. This happens even though wki checks to see if the current item is the same as the previous ( on line 297 or so ). 

I like both scripts, and I’m probably going to continue using both despite the conflict.  They are both very complex, I have been looking at them to see if I could fix it myself, but it would be nice to know if anyone else knew how to fix the problem.

EDIT: Also note, your random function is not contained within the scope of your script. Maybe I have something set up wrong, but when other scripts use the random function, it does really weird things. I am also able to use the randomB function.

Script stopped working for me again. I might dig into the code a bit later if no one else gets to it first.

Subtractem said... Script stopped working for me again. I might dig into the code a bit later if no one else gets to it first.
 I tried it on my test account... seems to work fine in Chrome.
WillNiels said... I think this script is causing problems with Wanikani Improve. I posted the problem on the Wki thread, but I thought I would quote it here as well. It's not super inconvenient, but I still am curious as to what is causing it.

WillNiels said...So I am observing some conflicts with the Wanikani Reorder Ultimate 2 script. When the script reorders the items, sometimes the current item is observed twice or more in a row by wki and the previous item displayed is the same as the current item. This happens even though wki checks to see if the current item is the same as the previous ( on line 297 or so ). 

I like both scripts, and I'm probably going to continue using both despite the conflict.  They are both very complex, I have been looking at them to see if I could fix it myself, but it would be nice to know if anyone else knew how to fix the problem.

EDIT: Also note, your random function is not contained within the scope of your script. Maybe I have something set up wrong, but when other scripts use the random function, it does really weird things. I am also able to use the randomB function.
 Mmmm  It's going to mess with other scripts no matter what.  It needs to overwrite the random function so it can force WK to show what you requested.

Subtractem said... Script stopped working for me again. I might dig into the code a bit later if no one else gets to it first.
 As jfindley said.  Works for me.

I love this script. It really helps with breaking a massive review pile into chunks, and it allows me to keep making kanji progress when I’m way too busy to do all my reviews, so I don’t get discouraged and quit when levels drag out way too long. The script has really helped over the past couple of weeks with breaking things into chunks and allows me to prioritize my most recent two levels, so I’m always giving more attention to the new cards to get the SRS system rolling even though I’m buried under a big pile of work and don’t have time to do all my reviews+lessons. But what would be even more helpful, I think, would be the ability to target cards by SRS level – if I have 96 level 13 cards come up, and I don’t have time to do all of them, I’d like to at least be able to do the ones at Apprentice 1, for example, or maybe I’d just like to do all the cards at Master so that the reviews aren’t going to come back straight away. Is there any way to write a script that would do this? Would it be possible to add that function to this script?

Love this script. It’s why I get on my pc most often to do my WK instead of my tablet or phone. They work great, but this script helps tremendously.
Thank you xMunch. ~frankiebluej

I’ve long wanted to enjoy the functionality of this script, but I didn’t like the grey background of it AT ALL. Really disrupted my focus somehow even when minimized. So I used the Review Order script instead.

Until today, I just HAD to modify it, because idk why (maybe I finally had enough of Review Order’s simplicity?)

So I made it “blend in” a bit more:

If minimized, it’s not even visible apart from the small rectangular with ‘+’ inside.

If anybody else might want this little customization, just change line 182 to

$(‘head’).append(‘https://cdn.rawgit.com/MempoWK/32241b3891a27d457cdb98504b6c47e8/raw/1cb758c4ab25329c104accb43ab540c57f134ee2/ReorderUltimateCustomStyle.css">’);

And I learned about rawgit. Always nice to learn something new!

Mempo said...If anybody else might want this little customization, just change line 182 to
$('head').append('')">https://cdn.rawgit.com/MempoWK/32241b3891a27d457cdb98504b6c47e8/raw/1cb758c4ab25329c104accb43ab540c5...;
I love xMunch's script, but I don't use scripts that dynamically bring in outside html/css for security reasons.  If anyone's interested, I created a self-contained version that has the images, html, and css embedded directly in the script.  Maybe xMunch will see this post and want to do similar? :-)
Anyway, if anyone wants to use it as a reference, or as a starting point for something similar to what Mempo did above, I have it stored privately (unlisted) on Greasyfork:  https://greasyfork.org/scripts/19088-wanikani-reorder-ultimate-2
rfindley said...
Mempo said...If anybody else might want this little customization, just change line 182 to
$('head').append('')">https://cdn.rawgit.com/MempoWK/32241b3891a27d457cdb98504b6c47e8/raw/1cb758c4ab25329c104accb43ab540c5...;
I love xMunch's script, but I don't use scripts that dynamically bring in outside html/css for security reasons.  If anyone's interested, I created a self-contained version that has the images, html, and css embedded directly in the script.  Maybe xMunch will see this post and want to do similar? :-)
Anyway, if anyone wants to use it as a reference, or as a starting point for something similar to what Mempo did above, I have it stored privately (unlisted) on Greasyfork:  https://greasyfork.org/scripts/19088-wanikani-reorder-ultimate-2
 Thanks!

Edit: It doesn't quite look like the screenshot, though. And the 1x1 button is gone...

I’ve gone even further and changed the looks to be more unified with how WaniKani looks. Will show when I have reviews. Now, thanks to you rfindley I’ll incorporate it into the script itself. :slight_smile: Great!

1 Like
Frouzich said...
rfindley said...
 Thanks!

Edit: It doesn't quite look like the screenshot, though. And the 1x1 button is gone...
 Really??  huh.  Maybe I messed something up in the upload earlier.  It works fine on mine.  I'll check it out on my WK test account.

EDIT:  Looks normal to me.  What are you comparing against?
Mine doesn't include Mempo's changes, but it is from xMunch's latest version.

rfindley said...
Frouzich said...
rfindley said...
 Thanks!

Really??  huh.  Maybe I messed something up in the upload earlier.  It works fine on mine.  I'll check it out on my WK test account.
 ![](upload://enSt7bEZxJbIb2Cawca1z26MoA8.png)

This is how it looks. I've only tried it in lesson mode though, have to wait for reviews to pop up.
Frouzich said...
rfindley said...
Frouzich said...
rfindley said...
 Thanks!

[...]
This is how it looks. I've only tried it in lesson mode though, have to wait for reviews to pop up.
 Ahh... yeah, that looks normal to me for Lesson mode.  1x1 doesn't make sense for Lessons, since they're already all-in-one.
As for Review mode, I updated my post above to show the snapshot of what I'm seeing.
rfindley said...
Frouzich said...
rfindley said...
Frouzich said...
rfindley said...
 Thanks!

[...]
 Ahh... yeah, that looks normal to me for Lesson mode.  1x1 doesn't make sense for Lessons, since they're already all-in-one.
As for Review mode, I updated my post above to show the snapshot of what I'm seeing.
 Okay, sorry for the confusion. Kinda odd, when I finally need for there to be a few reviews, there are none whatsoever. >_>
Frouzich said... Okay, sorry for the confusion. Kinda odd, when I finally need for there to be a few reviews, there are none whatsoever. >_>
 Lol... that's why I have a free test account that just has reviews waiting :-)

Mine looks like this.

Wish I knew how to code these side images with css so they could scale with different resolutions… especially becasue next week I’m getting QHD monitor so it may look too small.

embe said... Mine looks like this.

Wish I knew how to code these side images with css so they could scale with different resolutions… especially becasue next week I’m getting QHD monitor so it may look too small.

What are those pink circle things at the end of the line of buttons under the input?

Looks nice.  What's that find on the review item??

Wish I knew how to code these side images with css so they could scale with different resolutions... especially becasue next week I'm getting QHD monitor so it may look too small.
 You can make the image itself larger, and use a screen percentage to specify the width to scale to.  For example:

@media (max-width: 400px) { #my_img {width: 20px;} }
@media (max-width: 1920px) { #my_img {width: 100px;} }

Doing something like that also allows it to scale dynamically as you resize the window, all without any javascript.
marionette said...

What are those pink circle things at the end of the line of buttons under the input?
 That’s my SRS indicator script. Basically tells you what level each item is.

/t/Userscript-Wanikani-Review-SRSLevel-Indicator/11382/1