Wanikani Reorder Ultimate [old version, not working]

I’ve got the same error. It won’t load the reorder script at all. “WKU::Please Wait::Currently updating UID list… 100%” comes up instead.

@Kagema, the message you posted indicates that you’re using an older version. Try [this one].

1 Like

@rfindley Ah sorry for the trouble. I used the Tampermonkey ‘check for updates option’ and it didn’t find anything. I won’t trust that again. Thank you, it’s working now. :slight_smile:

Yeah, you have to have the ‘update URL’ set correctly in TamperMonkey… and my ‘fix’ version is a different URL from the original since I’m not the original author.

@rfindley It’s a really helpful script, so thank you for keeping it working. You’re great!

For now I’ve switched to the SRS Reorder Button script since the freezing during review sessions unfortunately still persists. :confused:

1 Like

Is it more helpful to do reviews in the default way, or by pairing up reading and meaning? I just recently got the reorder script (which is super awesome and helpful!) and I’ve been using the 1x1 feature which is neat, and I’ve noticed that I’m getting a higher score on my reviews and they seem easier. It feels more helpful because I’m connecting the meaning to the reading much quicker, but I thought I’d ask people experienced with wanikani and language learning if this is the recommended way. And if it is the best way to do reviews, why doesn’t wanikani do it by default? Thanks for any replies!

I personally preferred reading-then-meaning a lot better than the default. I think it helps you think in Japanese faster (which I’ve explained elsewhere).

Wanikani doesn’t do it that way because they wanted to incorporate ‘interleaving’, a technique that improves long-term learning in some cases, though there are different opinions on whether this is one of those cases.

For me, the biggest factor was that I enjoyed WK more with reading-then-meaning, and that’s a big benefit in staying motivated.

5 Likes

Ohh, I see. So wanikani mixes everything up so you make connections of readings and meaning from kanji to vocab and that sorta thing? That makes sense. I wonder if the benefits of shuffling the deck make up for the loss of easier association between reading and meaning. I think I’ll go back and forth and see what’s more fun. Either way, the reorder script is awesome. It’s pretty amazing that people go out of their way to help the community with scripts, and I wanted to say thanks. Thank you!

Yep. In my own understanding of the interleaving research, though, what’s important is that you’re experiencing the connections within the same session, not necessarily back-to-back. So you can still benefit from interleaving while getting the very strong (and important) association of back-to-back reading and meaning.

2 Likes

Got this error, i just refreshed the page and it was gone

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘rad’ of undefined
TypeError: Cannot read property ‘rad’ of undefined at Object.updateVisual (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=b11fe97a-7553-4b45-ab2c-0e061a42e4b6:179:22) at Object.apply (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=b11fe97a-7553-4b45-ab2c-0e061a42e4b6:269:29) at Object.create (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=b11fe97a-7553-4b45-ab2c-0e061a42e4b6:277:30) at Object.init (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=b11fe97a-7553-4b45-ab2c-0e061a42e4b6:237:26) at eval (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=b11fe97a-7553-4b45-ab2c-0e061a42e4b6:740:15)

Logs:
WKU Init()
Applying UID levels

1 Like

For some reason the script won’t sort the types after I press force reorder. This is my first time using this script, am I doing something wrong?

@TheFlaminMunch,
You have to tip the scales on the left and/or right to select the sort priority. The left scale is ‘reading’ vs ‘meaning’, the right scale is ‘type’ vs ‘level’.

1 Like

@rfindley
I can’t understand what is the 1x1 mode, even in your visual guide, can you explain? I’m using this script to separate vocab and the other,
edit: if as I found in google image, 1x1 mean sort order for reading and meaning and ONLY reading OR meaning, not type, level ?

Oh! Thanks a bunch!

1x1 means you review the reading and meaning together, one after the other.

2 Likes

I’m using Chrome, and I’ve been having a problem where the 2.2.4 reorder script freezes randomly or something and I can’t input anything. Usually it freezes on the second word, but sometimes it will freeze on the first word, especially if I simply reload the page to get it working again. Whether the answer is correct or not, whether inputting meaning or reading, WK rejects the answer and the answer does the wiggly thing without accepting the answer or moving to the next word.

I’ve checked and no other scripts other than Reorder 2 and the Open Framework should be running.

2 Likes

I installed the latest community update which seems to fix problems with the new wanikani update, but I wonder how I can get the script to revert back to WaniKani’s standard lesson ordering? Even if I uncheck everything in Reorder Ultimate and set it to “random”, it feels like it still randomizes everything.

I want to be able to set it back to the default setting within Reorder Ultimate when doing lessons. how do I do this? Even if I uncheck both “Sort types” and “Sort levels”, the script still sorts something. It’s not at default at all (vs. turning off the script).

Was having this problem to, finally figured out what was going on (for me)
Turns out the reviews were open in two different tabs and causing it to do exactly what you mentioned.

Edit: A lot of people are having this error. I actually doubt it’s the same thing I was having. Oh well.

So I’m trying to use WaniKani Reorder Ultimate 2 for my reviews, but all I get is a message at the bottom of the screen (not in a popup) that says “WKU::Please Wait::Currently updating UID list… 100%”

I’m using Windows, and all I have to do for this to happen is open my review queue. I can still review as normal, but I can’t reorder anything. I have already installed WaniKani Open Framework and ordered it at the top of my scripts, but that didn’t seem to do anything.

In my settings it says there’s an “uncaught TypeError” and that “property ‘substr’ of undefined” along with a lot of other code-y things I can’t understand.

It seems like a lot of other people are having a similar error, but the “currently updating” message is weird to me :thinking:

1 Like