Wanikani Override Userscript 1.1.2 ("Ignore Answer" Button) [No longer supported]

petitcrabe said... Thanks for replying. Am I supposed to do something after installing the script? I see it in my extensions, but I do not see that red button.
 Do you have Grease Monkey or Tamper Monkey? You can't run it without one of those.
Apraxas said...
Serenial said...
petitcrabe said... How does it work? I installed it yesterday, and I have never noticed a red button when I got a wrong answer.
 The red button is on the bottom of the review page next to the "Hotkeys and "Report Errors" buttons.

*Pictures*

*even more pictures*
 Haha, very funny. (┳ _ ┳)
Apraxas said...
Serenial said...
petitcrabe said... How does it work? I installed it yesterday, and I have never noticed a red button when I got a wrong answer.
 The red button is on the bottom of the review page next to the "Hotkeys and "Report Errors" buttons.

![](upload://kmqSCNDYbo3x7sxVoOktuzd1KGU.jpg)

Syprus said...
Apraxas said...
Serenial said...

*Pictures*

*even more pictures*
 *even MORE pictures*
Har har har. Ok, I probably didn't need to do three close ups, but let's not beat a dead horse. (¬_¬)

Syprus said...
Apraxas said...
Serenial said...

I feel bad for the owner of this thread. It’s getting all off topic-y.

Apraxas said...
Syprus said...
Apraxas said...
Serenial said...

![](upload://q2x63m3CURKZb2c6VCXw7XXHguL.gif)
 ![|500x282](upload://7JlRfRuMR0VLmff3bTDVrPZ6DZI.gif)

I don’t even… You guys are going to scare off new people if you keep this up.

Serenial said... I don't even.... You guys are going to scare off new people if you keep this up.
 Isn't that the point? erm... I mean.... You are right we should totally stop. Fo' sho'

Gee I am not blind, but I really did not see the red button because it wasn’t/isn’t there, thanks for being jerks.

petitcrabe said... Gee I am not blind, but I really did not see the red button because it wasn't/isn't there, thanks for being jerks.
 You see Serenia? what you caused?

Thankyou to this site for not only teaching me japanese and kanji but also how to use my computer more effectively - i consider myself ok at using the computer but i had never heard of tampermonkey etc - i now have after not being able to install this userscript onto chrome - after a little searching I realized that i needed tampermonkey for chrome for this userscript to work - one is never too old to learn - cheers

Apraxas said...
petitcrabe said... Gee I am not blind, but I really did not see the red button because it wasn't/isn't there, thanks for being jerks.
 :/ You made him mad.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just trying to make absolutely for sure that you weren't just not seeing it and it really wasn't there. Admittedly the third picture was not necessary, but I didn't realize that till I had already uploaded all the pictures, so I thought, "What the heck, I'll put it in anyways. It's no big deal." In hindsight, not a good idea. So much face-palming right now. No offense was intended! As for the other people, they were poking fun at me, not you. Please don't hate me. D:
Serenial said...
I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just trying to make absolutely for sure that you weren't just not seeing it and it really wasn't there. Admittedly the third picture was not necessary, but I didn't realize that till I had already uploaded all the pictures, so I thought, "What the heck, I'll put it in anyways. It's no big deal." In hindsight, not a good idea. So much face-palming right now. No offense was intended! As for the other people, they were poking fun at me, not you. Please don't hate me. D:
 considering his first response immediately after those three pictures i dont think any of his annoyance was directed at you.

BY THE WAY i feel kind of obligated to mention the screenshot in the OP of the big red button in question. i...dont think it was added after your screenshots. what with it last being edited 27 days ago.

just sayin~~
Serenial said...
Apraxas said...
 :/ You made him mad.

Not me!
Tarsen said...
Serenial said...
 considering his first response immediately after those three pictures i dont think any of his annoyance was directed at you.

BY THE WAY i feel kind of obligated to mention the screenshot in the OP of the big red button in question. i...dont think it was added after your screenshots. what with it last being edited 27 days ago.

just sayin~~
 I didn't think he was mad at me for the reason you cited, but you know, better safe than sorry. And yeah, I didn't really look at the OP until after I posted the pictures. ^^;

I need to thank you for this. I’ve had to take two months off from Wanikani in order to move in another part of my country and settle in, so when I got back here I’ve forgotten most of the level 4-7 vocabulary and kanji. I’ve tried several times to study them outside of reviews but Wanikani’s current layout doesn’t appeal to me very much, and so I ended up getting many of my readings wrong and my review count has never gotten down below 500. It sapped my motivation to study Japanese for quite a while, which was depressing since I had a goal to study as much as I can this year.

This script helped me to do my reviews without being afraid of being wrong and without giving up in the middle of my reviews from frustration. Once I feel comfortable with knowing my vocabulary again, I’ll delete the script. Thank you for the motivation boost!!

As much as I did laugh, could we please try to keep this on topic? It’s harder to keep track of any problems people might be having with the script if all posts have a ton of zoomed in “Ignore Answer” buttons :wink: Especially when I haven’t been checking this thread much lately due to some real life stuff getting in the way…

@onepartninja
I never even tested this script on Safari. As long as there is a good Greasemonkey port for it, it should work. Maybe GreaseKit has some incompatibility issues? My script really should only require the GM_addStyle API, so it shouldn’t be hard to support cross-platform. Could you see whether loading the reviews with the Safari Error Console shows any errors? Command-Option-C should open it. Maybe it’s something obvious and I can figure it out with just that information.

Worst case, I’ll install Safari myself (on Windows, though) once I have time, and try to reproduce the issue. This might take a while, though, since I’ve been quite busy with real life issues lately.

@petitcrabe
As you probably noticed by now, the button should always show up in the bottom-right of the script. Since it does not, something isn’t working correctly.
By what you said, I have a hunch you’re using Chrome and installed the userscript natively. If this is the case, then the fix should be quite simple. If I’m wrong, however, please state your browser (and version), and the Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey version you’re using so I can help you further.

In case my hunch was correct, the problem is that you’re installing the userscript natively. Due to some limitations imposed on us by Chrome’s userscript API (and because I developed the script primarily for Firefox), it uses some stuff only available in the Greasemonkey userscript engine (and derivatives, like Tampermonkey). You should uninstall the script, and then install the Tampermonkey extension for Chrome. Once you try to install my Userscript again, you should get a choice to install it using Tampermonkey, and if you choose that everything should work fine!

Now to do my 800+ reviews backlog…

@ruipgpinheiro 

Thank you very much ! 

Finally had to install this, typo kept me from getting new level again…