Wanikani Origin Story

:+1:

Thanks Bruno. I will let you know :slightly_smiling_face:

Nope. I have been delaying this for a while, so I decided to do this topic to add accountability.

I wrote 500 words/1 page on MS word document for the prologue today. Need to fill in one more page and edit before I can paste the final version :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Will this include the taco-worshipping alligator cult? I’ve been milking that mnemonic for as many readings as I can ever since I learned . :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I totally forgot about that :joy:

Please add the Taco-worshipping alligator to the wiki on post 2. I will make sure it appears in the story. I already have something along the lines. Just need to make sure I include it without deviating the story :grinning:

As I was typing this out, I realized I could fit this in a better place with more ooomph. You will know it when you see it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is there a possibility to do a little something about what the hell that samurai from level 4 was doing with the sheep?

2 Likes

Can you link to the exact kanji?

It has been an year since I read that mnemonic :sweat_smile: I don’t recall the story.

No promises, but I will try my best to incorporate it in the story based on what I read.

https://www.wanikani.com/kanji/%E4%BB%95

1 Like

There’s also the King.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that annoying EAGLE. Always getting in my way. Never being helpful. So annoying.

4 Likes

Sounds fascinating, せんぱい! Can’t wait to read it :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

He was doing all kinds of things.

6 Likes

Yeah, sure, doing things with sheep.

Or am I the only one who has a perverted mind?

7 Likes

Haha! Sounds like you’d fit right in with the mnemonics on KanjiDamage! :laughing:

1 Like

I have bookmarked this. This is glorious!

2 Likes

Glad to help. Even though I’m loyal to the Crabigator and I find WK mnemonics easier to visualize, the ones on KanjiDamage are brilliant. :rofl:

1 Like

It never hurts to have extra materials, and maybe have some extra visuals.

1 Like

LOL. @koichi, by definition, since he is WK’s founder and CEO, predates me on this app by several millennia…but I do try to be a Light Side influence if I can.

6 Likes

Looks like the universe expanded a lot more :stuck_out_tongue: (Wiki - Post Number 2)

I think I can fit them in the story. It would be better to add any more major additions in the next few days so I can plan where to add them in the story :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A raw Nick Cage is a must! (予め)

Looks like I’m in for an interesting future with some of these mnemonics.

6 Likes

Oh, yes. And don’t even BEGIN to feel safe from Mrs. Chou after the street-related kanji are done…

Mrs. Chou is everywhere, even inside birds…

It’s a Level 7 thing, you’ll get it soon.:wink:

7 Likes

Today was a good day. I spent 4 hours writing 2 chapters (5 pages/3000 words) :slight_smile: One of the chapters went longer than expected, so I split the chapter into two. Now we have 11 chapters. (The 2nd arc gets an extra chapter.)

Once my current emotional state subsides, I will switch back to Prologue and complete it. I plan to have each chapter span around 2 pages/1000 words :slight_smile:

9 Likes