Do you use Chrome? Do you want to know when you need to review vocab on WaniKani? Well, I’ve got the Chrome extension for you! It’s an icon that sits in your notification bar and updates a badge with the number of items in your review queue. Check it out, and let me know what you think!
- Updates a badge on the extension’s icon when you have more to study
- Optionally displays a desktop notification as well
- Mouse over the icon to see the time of your next review
- Clicking on the badge redirects to WaniKani
- Your API key is synced with Chrome Sync, so all of your synced browsers will be set up automatically
- Unloads when not busy, so uses less memory than keeping a tab open
- Download the extension from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wanikani-notifier/oolkffcgenmpgkfknfjfkhgbdnkobnga/details…
- The extension should open an options page to allow you to enter your API key. If not, right click on the WaniKani icon and click "Options."
- Copy your Public API Key from http://www.wanikani.com/account Into the API key text box on the options page.
- Click Save. If your API key is valid, a confirmation message should appear. You’re good to go!
0.2.1: Updated review page monitor for new review page
- Added option to display desktop notifications
- Displays the next review time when you mouse over the icon
- Added the option to change the update interval when reviews are due
- Added a content script to monitor the WaniKani page and clear the badge when you’re done reviewing
0.1: Initial release
Feel free to fork me and make pull requests. I’m a social coder!