can we remove words from Japanese language? it’s too much to learn
I think it can be useful to add synonyms “to expand something”, “to extend something” for 広げる.
It’s kinda frustrating WaniKani accepts only a few synonyms from the wide variety.
(And it was one of the reasons why I dropped WaniKani.)
Thank you @TofuguJenny for your kind and compassionate words. I’ve been rate limiting lessons since about level 7, so I’m very familiar with that technique. The first set of new words seem to have stuck on impact, so that’s good. I haven’t done any lessons lately so I haven’t seen the second, and I presume the weekly releases will soon get ahead of me in which case I won’t even notice. But thanks again for the thoughtful response.
We’ve received feedback that the pace of the additions is a little fast for some, so we’re going to push back the next batch for one week, to Thursday, May 20 rather than this coming Thursday. We may also revise the publishing order and start with higher levels. We’ll keep you posted on that!
Regarding audio, we had some delays with our voice actors, but we’re hoping to upload all audio before the next batch is published
I believe 和製英語 is already doing this.
You could say it’s doing you a サービス
What? But… I mean, it’s just vocabs…
I just realized something while doing lessons and reviews on lately added vocab. There are quite a lot transitive verbs there, and it is marked by adding object “something” in the meaning.
So here’s feature request from lazy typer - would it be possible to add shortened versions with “sth” instead of “something” to the whitelist?
Typing “something” everytime is really 面倒くさい
Sounds like a great idea! In the mean time, you can also add that synonym to the review items if you want to.
Yes, I was aware of that possibility, but, like I said above - I’m lazy
But I think I will fight it and add those synonyms
New vocab day, bring it on!
We’re working on adding audio to all the new subjects, and we’ll be publishing this week’s batch shortly. We’ve decided to publish the highest-level transitivity pairs this week, and a mixture of the other levels over the following two weeks. So the updated schedule looks like this:
Thursday, May 20
These vocabulary additions are also completing transitivity pairs.
- Level 40: 薄まる（うすまる）- to be diluted
- Level 43: 揚がる（あがる）- to be fried up
- Level 44: 裂ける（さける）- to be split
- Level 48: 零れる（こぼれる）- to spill
- Level 49: 炊ける（たける）- to be cooked
- Level 49: 砕ける（くだける）- to be smashed
- Level 50: 煮える（にえる）- to be boiled
Thursday, May 27
These additions are also completing transitivity pairs.
- Level 14: 温まる（あたたまる）- to get warm
- Level 16: 治る（なおる）- to heal
- Level 19: 改める（あらためる）- to revise something
- Level 20: 産まれる（うまれる）- to be born
- Level 27: 従える（したがえる）- to preside over
- Level 31: 延びる（のびる）- to be extended
- Level 32: 預かる（あずかる）- to look after
Thursday, June 3
These are the final transitivity pair additions.
- Level 13: 受かる（うかる）- to get accepted
- Level 16: 帰す（かえす）- to send someone back
- Level 20: 加わる（くわわる）- to be added to
- Level 23: 収まる（おさまる）- to fit inside
- Level 27: 刺さる（ささる）- to be pierced
- Level 29: 退ける（しりぞける）- to repel something
- Level 29: 痛める（いためる）- to injure something
- Level 30: 寄せる（よせる）- to move something up to
These should now start trickling into lessons if you’re on or above their levels!
I already have 5! 2 more to go
Got all of them! Thanks for the smooth addition of the lessons @TofuguJenny and team!
@WaniMekani leechhelp Redglare
They’re in my enlightened pile! Hopefully, I can burn them next time they come around