Voice dictation with WaniKani (tendonitis)

I’ve recently been diagnosed with tendinitis in I’ve been learning how to use my computer via dictation. Thankfully it’s not forever, but it’s definitely impacting my WaniKani studies. I’ve gotten pretty good at using the built in MacOs dictation, but it doesn’t really work with the wanikani IME. I even tried flipping it over to Japanese, but I’m still getting pretty dicey results. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

I have no suggestions (at the moment) but this is something I have vaguely looked into myself. Often I have to choose between housework and WK, so I was looking for a way to do both at the same time. Like you I tried the macOS dictation and was instantly pretty disappointed, so I have looked at writing a program to handle switching between kana-only and English dictation.

Before you get your hopes up, I haven’t gotten very far and I don’t have much time for projects like this (like I said I’m already choosing between WK and housework). However if someone else is interested, there’s a Japanese dictation library called Julius that seems like it would be useful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.