[UserScript] Wanikani Self-Study Plus (v 0.1.13) [Unsupported] (for now)

phamenoth said... I've spent a full hour on this, and am also stuck/ragequitting. Attempting to get this set up + BreadstickNinja's expansion pack, no matter what I do all vocab in the pack show up as locked, and 'no reviews available' in the dropdown. Using Chrome/Win8

I've tried the following:

-Removing and then reinstalling the script + re-importing the WK expansion pack CSV

-Adding the API key in either just the first instance of YOUR_API_HERE, as well as trying it in both places, plus combinations of deleting and reinstalling the script etc

-Setting lock to false in case for some reason that's causing it - I'm trying to do the 1-5 CSV only and I'm level 12, so there's no reason everything would be locked

-Have also tried importing and then clicking the vague/unknown WK download type button next to the import CSV button, in hopes maybe that syncs with WK, but to no avail

Has anyone run into this and has made it work?

Also, in the first post it says this works with the community mnemonics, but I have no idea how that gets set up with this. Is there a guide/any steps at all?
 I'm having the same problem. 助けてください。

I’m going to start giving this script some love again and make it more object oriented, which should help with debugging and code structure.

I re-wrote the algorithm on my copy, used it to parse all the expansion packs, then exported it to CSV via the script. You should be able to simply import this into the script now. Up to date with the packs as they existed yesterday. It works fine but definitely slows down the addon/site significantly  sometimes. 

WK Expansion CSV

I was wondering. After reading a lot of what is written here, I’m still a bit (or more) confused xD…

So to clarify. I am using Firefox 45.0.1 and Greasemonkey 3.7. Will this work script work for me (of course, that is if I hold my mouth just right and the stars are all in a perfect alignment… etc.) I realize if you answer ‘yes’, that doesn’t preclude issues of other scripts interfering or user error, etc… ~frankiebluej

I got the Self-Study menu and imported my .csv file, but I cannot start learning? After LEARN it just says “No reviews available”.
I have already inputted my API key into the script, what am I supposed to do next? I am using greasemonkey on Firefox.

Sorry I’ve been pretty busy with work lately and haven’t been able to give my scripts or my reviews the love they deserve. I’m in the process of putting it up on github so that should make things a lot neater

Heh…  I just named a script “Self-study”… and forgot to check if the name was already in use :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll rename mine to avoid confusion (well, I will when I’m at my PC instead of my tablet :slight_smile:  )

Help.  I am a noob.  I have the self study button on my wanikani in firefox and I successfully uploaded my csv file.  But I do not know how to use it to study.  No amount of clicking randomly on my screen is helping. SOS.

Is this script still being updated and supported?

Is this script still being updated and supported?

Edit: Is there some sort of delete post function somewhere?

krestel said... Is this script still being updated and supported?
I'm guessing no. And I think it's broken too. 
Mempo said...
krestel said... Is this script still being updated and supported?
I'm guessing no. And I think it's broken too. 
 Yeah, it's definitely broken, but not that badly.  hmmm..

Not currently supported, but once i get back into my japanese studies… Maybe. Got bugs? Let me know so i’ll have a starting point.

This script used to work for me, but doesn’t currently do anything when I click on the Self-study button.  I’m using Chrome on Mac (Yosemite).  I tried uninstalling and re-installing, messing with the true/false values, etc. but I can’t get a response from the self-study button and items that I had entered previously were no longer popping up in my reviews.

Any thoughts?  Would really love this to work, it’s just so seamless‼︎

pushindawood said... This script used to work for me, but doesn't currently do anything when I click on the Self-study button.  I'm using Chrome on Mac (Yosemite).  I tried uninstalling and re-installing, messing with the true/false values, etc. but I can't get a response from the self-study button and items that I had entered previously were no longer popping up in my reviews.

Any thoughts?  Would really love this to work, it's just so seamless‼︎
I've been giving the code an overhaul lately (after learning some new things) and still have a way to go before it is back up and better than ever.

I think I might have broken this while learning how to git and automatically pull updates. I think the last working version is 0.1.13. I'll reset it on the greasyfork.

If that was the reason it stopped for you, sorry for the trouble.
Ethan said...
pushindawood said... This script used to work for me, but doesn't currently do anything when I click on the Self-study button.  I'm using Chrome on Mac (Yosemite).  I tried uninstalling and re-installing, messing with the true/false values, etc. but I can't get a response from the self-study button and items that I had entered previously were no longer popping up in my reviews.

Any thoughts?  Would really love this to work, it's just so seamless‼︎
I've been giving the code an overhaul lately (after learning some new things) and still have a way to go before it is back up and better than ever.

I think I might have broken this while learning how to git and automatically pull updates. I think the last working version is 0.1.13. I'll reset it on the greasyfork.

If that was the reason it stopped for you, sorry for the trouble.
Please do not apologize‼︎ Thank you so much for continuing to work on this.  Your time and effort are really appreciated. 

Ethan,

I am still having trouble getting this script to function. I tried re-installing Shudouken’s original script and it gave me a “self-study” button, but it is unresponsive to clicks. On a whim, I installed both your and Shudouken’s script and ran them simultaneously. The button appeared with two pop-ups (one for entering new vocab and one “results” pop-up). Both pop-ups, like the “self-study” button were unresponsive to clicks (I couldn’t even close them). It looks like both scripts have something working that the other may not?

Thanks for your continued work on this.

Will this work if I’ve got a shitton of other scripts? Ignore, sentences, time-line, lesson user synonyms, review order, part of speech, phonetic semantic composition, I think there’s a couple others…

If its working it should put a new button on the menu which is completely seperate. I e been rebuilding it on and off almost from scratch lately so havent been able to update yet.

Hey so I downloaded the script and put in my API and the button doesn’t show up. I use chrome and I’ve tried turning off all of my other addons which are timeline and lesson reordering. Am I doing something wrong or did I miss something?