[UserScript] Wanikani Self-Study Plus (v 0.1.13) [Unsupported] (for now)

Reporting bugs:

• This script breaks the quote function in the forums. At least the problem was solved when removing the script.
  • Sometimes, arbitrarily, it would turn everything into kana when inputting into the meaning field. Once again, solved upon removing it.

I probably should have set asWK to false until it it was properly implemented. You can switch it to false yourself and tell me if that fixes the issue.

The forums issue seems not to be caused by that. With asWK set to false and all other Wanikani scripts disabled, quoting is still not possible.
Reviews seem to work normally. I only had 10 reviews now so can’t say for sure, but it appears they’re normal with asWK set to false.

Dusk252 said... The forums issue seems not to be caused by that. With asWK set to false and all other Wanikani scripts disabled, quoting is still not possible.
Reviews seem to work normally. I only had 10 reviews now so can't say for sure, but it appears they're normal with asWK set to false.
 I have the script enabled, and I just quoted this perfectly. I'm using Chrome if that makes a difference.

Apparently it does. Using Firefox 37.0.1 here.

Is that include necessary?
// @include     .wanikani.com/chat/
Removing it would solve the problem.

Hmm 面白い。

and no, it seems the includes aren’t necessary, they are artefacts left over from shudouken’s script.
feel free to delete them, but let me know if there are any pages where the drop down menu doesn’t appear.

Probably way too late to actually have a meaning, but appearently there’s a problem with leveling up? I use the script for some time now and the words that are implented, although I review them every single day because they appear a lot, will never level up and keeps appearing as much as they used to.
Anyone knows if it’s somehow possible to fix?

Lysu said... Probably way too late to actually have a meaning, but appearently there's a problem with leveling up? I use the script for some time now and the words that are implented, although I review them every single day because they appear a lot, will never level up and keeps appearing as much as they used to.
Anyone knows if it's somehow possible to fix?
I'll have a look at it... sometime,
I'll have some more time in a couple weeks. 

I would dearly love to try this out, but when I downloaded the excel file and opened it, I am seeing a lot of boxes with question marks. I’m assuming that they are unrecognised characters.

It makes it all very confusing.

The {tab} that you wrote is simply clicking the tab button in the keyboard? Wouldn’t that normally bring me into a different column in excel?

Sorry I’m such a noob for this sort of thing.

xallever said... I would dearly love to try this out, but when I downloaded the excel file and opened it, I am seeing a lot of boxes with question marks. I'm assuming that they are unrecognised characters.

It makes it all very confusing.

The {tab} that you wrote is simply clicking the tab button in the keyboard? Wouldn't that normally bring me into a different column in excel?

Sorry I'm such a noob for this sort of thing.
 Don't stress, everyone starts somewhere.
I haven't been able to maintain this lately, but that will change soon.

You can't open excel files with this userscript, you need to open csv or tsv files.
They are really just txt files that use commas (csv) or tabs (tsv) to seperate the 'cells'

You can save files as csv or tsv from excel (you might need to make sure that it is using tabs as delimiters in the settings somewhere).

Of course for meanings and readings I needed to include multiple entries and keep it in the same column, so the csv files need to use tab to delimit the meanings and readings when there is more than one. But like you said, hitting tab in excel sends you to another column, so unless  you copy/paste or something it's very hard to get tabs in there.

That's why I included support for tsv files. Multiple meaning/readings are separated by commas, which are trivial to put into cells.

Reviews don’t appear to me like in your screenshot. This is what it looks like for me. Also, it seems like I only have wrong answers??

Saelind said... Reviews don't appear to me like in your screenshot. This is what it looks like for me. Also, it seems like I only have wrong answers??

Try separating by commas, not semi-colons.

Thanks, will do. I just imported the files from Wani Kani Expansion Pack

Uh, the files were comma-separated but still showed up as semi-colons. Why is that?

Edit: Tested with regular WK reviews and they work just fine there, without the semi-colon issue. But I can’t see the readings, meanings nor mnemonics after I type the answer. Also, apparently the “review” button on the Self-Study tab only shows me regular WK vocabulary now. Really weird.

Edit2: I’m pretty sure now that the problem is with the WK Expansion Pack, not with the add-on itself. This is giving me a headache lol

Saelind said... Uh, the files were comma-separated but still showed up as semi-colons. Why is that?

Edit: Tested with regular WK reviews and they work just fine there, without the semi-colon issue. But I can't see the readings, meanings nor mnemonics after I type the answer. Also, apparently the "review" button on the Self-Study tab only shows me regular WK vocabulary now. Really weird.

Edit2: I'm pretty sure now that the problem is with the WK Expansion Pack, not with the add-on itself. This is giving me a headache lol
 you might need to check the list under the 'edit' button because all the semi colon entries will still be there. delete them.

I’m quite the newbie when it comes to dealing with code… I cna’t seem to get this to work? 

I put the API key in where it first said it and installed it and imported a CSV file of vocab but I  can’t get it to give me lessons it looks like? All it says is "no reviews available, I’m not sure what to do. 

Dusk252 said... Reporting bugs:
  • This script breaks the quote function in the forums. At least the problem was solved when removing the script.
  • Sometimes, arbitrarily, it would turn everything into kana when inputting into the meaning field. Once again, solved upon removing it.
 I have the same issue where it will turn the text i input into kana, also solved when i disable and reload.

I’ve put in my API key and… nothing? The Self-Study icon on the dashboard disappears. 

I don’t get it.

I’ve spent a full hour on this, and am also stuck/ragequitting. Attempting to get this set up + BreadstickNinja’s expansion pack, no matter what I do all vocab in the pack show up as locked, and ‘no reviews available’ in the dropdown. Using Chrome/Win8

I’ve tried the following:

-Removing and then reinstalling the script + re-importing the WK expansion pack CSV

-Adding the API key in either just the first instance of YOUR_API_HERE, as well as trying it in both places, plus combinations of deleting and reinstalling the script etc

-Setting lock to false in case for some reason that’s causing it - I’m trying to do the 1-5 CSV only and I’m level 12, so there’s no reason everything would be locked

-Have also tried importing and then clicking the vague/unknown WK download type button next to the import CSV button, in hopes maybe that syncs with WK, but to no avail

Has anyone run into this and has made it work?

Also, in the first post it says this works with the community mnemonics, but I have no idea how that gets set up with this. Is there a guide/any steps at all?