One of my favorite scripts on WK is the Egg Timer by @horusscope, but it had a lot of problems that I just started fixing over time. Now it looks so different that I figured I share it with the rest of you all. What the egg timer does is track how much time you’ve spent on your review, which then carries over to the review summary page. This is useful if you want to track how much time you’re spending on WK everyday. So what’s different in this version?
FEATURES, BUG FIXES, AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed timer accuracy. Timer now corresponds to the actual time instead of CPU refresh rate.
- Review duration now shows up properly on the summary page.
- Timer no longer resets when the page is refreshed. Timer will reset after user reaches the review summary page.
- Timer will also reset 15 minutes after the review window is closed.
- Added a button that blends in naturally with WK’s own UI.
- Added a hotkey (‘T’-key) to toggle the visibility of the timer.
- Added documentation to the script to improve readability.
- Major UI improvements. The timer is less distracting and blends in with WK’s UI.
- Users who have Wanikani Open Framework installed will have access to a settings menu
- To Access: (1) Be on WK Website. (2) Click on Profile Picture (3) Scripts -> Settings -> Review Timer. (Info) These settings allows users to move button position, change to the classic button, change button color (if using classic), and remove the button entirely…
- Currently only tracks the latest review, a future update will track all reviews beyond that update, and derive statistics based on that data.