[Userscript] Wanikani Item Inspector

I have a question about exporting to csv. So here’s my set-up:

Under Settings > Tables > Table Settings > Export I have the following Exported Columns:

Column 1 Item
Column 2 Reading Full
Column 3 Meaning Full

Within the resulting file, if the item has more than one reading, a column will contain a mix of readings and meanings:

What export settings should I use so that the meanings and readings will not be on the same column? Thanks.

With a properly working setup the expected output is to have all readings in the same columns separated by commas and all meanings in the same column separated by commas.
Item Inspector does not attempt to place individual readings and meanings in separate columns.

export

Which separator are you using? Item Inspector and your spreadsheet should be set up to match their separators. If they don’t match incorrect output like this may happen.

The default separator for Item Inspector is horizontal tabs. If you set up your spreadsheet to use this you shouldn’t have this problem.

Your output looks like you may be using commas as the separator. If you use commas as separator you must request quotes to be either “Only When Needed” or “Always Use Quotes” in Item Inspector and set up your spreadsheet to use double quotes to delimit text fields.

1 Like

My initial settings were Horizontal tab with no quotes (the default setting afaik). Setting it to Commas with “only when needed” quotes fixed the issue. Thank you.

1 Like

Version 1.21.2 is now available - Please update it at the link in the top post.

Fixes problems with icons caused by a recent Wanikani site change.

2 Likes

Version 1.21.3 is now available - Please update it at the link in the top post.

Fixes Breeze Dark styling for Keisei explanations.

Version 1.21.4 is now available - Please update it at the link in the top post.

Removes an unwanted popup in some radical items.

Big thanks to @viet for the tip on how to do this.

Hi I exported all vocab and pasted them in to Google sheets. I arranged them in order of smallest to largest. but when ever I select delete duplicates, I am only able to delete the duplicates in one row, and when I do, it also bunches the items together so they are no longer matching with the adjacent Coolum
do you know how I can delete duplicates and keep the blank spaces of the deleted items?

Would it be possible to add a function to the exporter so that for words with multiple sentences, it would only export 1 sentence per word and the sentence that is exported is the most shortest sentence that word has?

Thank you

I don’t understand what you try to do.

I there any reason you can’t use the same row option for context sentences? That way you won’t get any duplicates.

export

Sorry but no. This script is overwhelmed with features and complexity. I don’t want to add a feature that will likely be used by only one user.

because I want to make sentence cards in anki using wanikani vocab. I don’t want all three sentences as some of them can be convoluted and long. I only want to rep the shortest sentences. I currently have 6000 Vocab cards I am repping in Anki. I would like to rep them as sentence cards. if I have to memorize 3 sentences per card I will have 18,000 reviews instead of 6000.

So then what’s the point of having ‘separate row’ function and a ‘same row’ function, if when importing in to Anki it doesn’t let you choose which sentences you want to import from sentence row 1,2,3 it just imports all of them. what I’m suggesting would make so that after you open the list in spreadsheet you could then use the auto sort function to sort the sentences by shortest first. and be able select sentences from ex 1,2,3 only.

I understand better now. This is something other people will use. I will make the feature you suggest. It will take a bit of time though.

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Version 1.22.0 is now available - Please download it at the link in the top post.

This version implements the feature requested by @SARUOU It shows up in the Context Sentences Format dropdown from the export settings.

export

4 Likes

Awesom thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am happy because this happened:

GreatTopic

Thank you everybody who liked my topic. Your support is part of what make Item Inspector great.

8 Likes

Version 1.22.1 is now available - Please download it at the link in the top post.

This fixes a trio of bugs impacting some temporary filters.

1 Like

I just started using this as a means to review my ever so growing list of burned kanji. I’m not sure if someone has asked this before, but when doing the English to Japanese reviews is it possible to show the kanji and the hiragana when having wrong answers? It only shows me the hiragana and I can’t seem to connect it to the kanji easily.

1 Like

I suppose you are talking about the Self-Study Quiz option for doing your reviews. Self Study Quiz is a third party script that is integrated with Item Inspector. It is not developed by me (the author of Item inspector). You should address this issue in the Self Study Quiz thread.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realize they were two separate things. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

1 Like

Ok, I might have messed something up…

Notice that 仮に is listed as a Critical Condition Item, but isn’t on my leech list.

It was the first time I loaded the table; listed as 4 misses.
I then changed the leech filter parameter to 2 and it has disappeared from the list…

I did have it in a review where I got it correct, just before I did this…

I am willing to help but I am confused. I am not sure I understand what you are complaining about.

Note that it is possible that an item shows up in critical condition but not in Item Inspector leech table. The two formulas are very different and may diverge in their results, especially if you raise the leech filter parameter to 2.