[Userscript] Wanikani Anki Mode

I’m leveling up today so I’ll report whether it works.

Aislin said... Thanks, Mempo. I was waiting for someone to do the version working with the Firefox.

I have one problem, though. It sometimes freezes when I press space button. Answer doesn't appear. I can turn the anki mode off and type the answer manually but the anki mode itself won't work again until I refresh the reviews page.
I didn't use Chrome version so I don't know if it was happening in the earlier versions.
It doesn't happen too often (every 50 reviews or so), so it's still usable, but I just wanted to let you know.
 I didn't write the script so right now I can only do some superficial, easy to fix things like @embe asked. But thanks for letting me know. I might do a rewrite to fix these kind of bugs in the future.

It works! Thanks. :slight_smile:

This works (great for me). Is there anyway to enable this mode in the WaniKani-App? I’m getting a little annoyed by typing romanji on my mobile keyboard.

I just wanted to update on my previous post. My problems disappeared when I started using Lightning Mode with this extension. Somehow Lightning Mode nullifies whatever my problem was.

This looks interesting.
I installed the latest script provided by Mempo, but it does not seem to work for me.
I do not see the anki button on the bottom right, during reviews.
Using chrome

also, could someone tell me which scripts these are? 

Thanks!

There’s also no button at the bottom right?

How about now?

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/15950-wanikani-anki-mode

Amenophyckxs said...

also, could someone tell me which scripts these are? 

Thanks!

Never seen this one, so it’s probably one of the older scripts. I know there are some general customization scripts from years ago that had a lot of features. It’s difficult to really know what they all do because they focussed on a lot of things at once, whereas scripts nowadays do only 1 thing. You can look through the user script list and look around the first few entries if you really want it. But because it’s an older script, it’s possible it doesn’t work any more, so be warned.

Also, if you just want the timer, horusscope made an egg timer: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/16316-wanikani-egg-timer
If you want to track how many items you have correct consecutively, take a look at WK Improve: /t/WaniKani-Improve-222-—-faster-and-smarter-reviews/2858/1
At least, I suspect that’s what the ‘flame’ icon does.

Yes, it works now! Thanks a lot <3

edit: also, i appreciate the help in guiding me to the other scripts. bows

edit: I found it^^ Thanks for the script^^

Tried it out and it works. Thanks a lot, that’s gonna speed reviews up quite a bit :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say thanks for this. Injured my hands and it would be hard to do my reviews without this.

I just want to make sure I understand your original post correctly.

If I turn lightning mode on, it doesn’t actually complete the reviews and I can go through the same reviews over and over until I turn lightning mode off and complete it as normal?

Edit : Also, does anyone know of a script that will allow me to review ALL unlocked’s over and over whenever I want? (Pretty much Anki without having to actually use Anki)

Ryouki said... I just want to make sure I understand your original post correctly.

If I turn lightning mode on, it doesn't actually complete the reviews and I can go through the same reviews over and over until I turn lightning mode off and complete it as normal?

Edit : Also, does anyone know of a script that will allow me to review ALL unlocked's over and over whenever I want? (Pretty much Anki without having to actually use Anki)
No. Normally you type your answer, press enter, WK tells you if it is right or wrong and you press enter again to move on. Using Lightning Mode, you don't have to press enter again when you get the answer right, it moves on by itself. 

No. There are no scripts that I know of that will allow you to do official reviews over and over again as this would defeat the purpose of WK using a spaced-repetition-software and will stop the site from accurately testing your long-term memory. However, you might be interested in KaniWani (use the search function), rfindley's self-study script (use the search function) or the WaniKani based decks on Memrise.
In this very subforum, you should find the threads for the scripts I mentioned plus a sticky thread of all the scripts, apps and add-ons that have been made.
EskimoJo said...
Ryouki said... I just want to make sure I understand your original post correctly.

If I turn lightning mode on, it doesn't actually complete the reviews and I can go through the same reviews over and over until I turn lightning mode off and complete it as normal?

Edit : Also, does anyone know of a script that will allow me to review ALL unlocked's over and over whenever I want? (Pretty much Anki without having to actually use Anki)
No. Normally you type your answer, press enter, WK tells you if it is right or wrong and you press enter again to move on. Using Lightning Mode, you don't have to press enter again when you get the answer right, it moves on by itself. 

No. There are no scripts that I know of that will allow you to do official reviews over and over again as this would defeat the purpose of WK using a spaced-repetition-software and will stop the site from accurately testing your long-term memory. However, you might be interested in KaniWani (use the search function), rfindley's self-study script (use the search function) or the WaniKani based decks on Memrise.
In this very subforum, you should find the threads for the scripts I mentioned plus a sticky thread of all the scripts, apps and add-ons that have been made.
 Wow, thank you so much! That is exactly the information I needed! :3

The script seems to work incorrectly with kanji that have nanori readings marked as the most important.
For example, https://www.wanikani.com/level/52/kanji/%E8%BC%94

When you review with the script, it shows ふ and ほ as the required readings. Reviewing the same kanji without the script and entering either of these on’yomi, it shakes and says “WK is looking for a nanori reading”, and as expected would accept only すけ.

@Mempo, could you possibly look into this issue? That’d be greatly appreciated!

it doesn’t work. any way to make it right?

kamyar1994 said... it doesn't work. any way to make it right?

Yes.

Use my version: /t/Userscript-Wanikani-Anki-Mode-active-support/14399/8

There is also a version with buttons, started by @necul and I just modified the button layout a bit so that it works better for me. Both of these versions are based on the script by @Mempo
The thread is here: Userscripts on Android (Browser) - #64 by irrelephant

Maybe one of the main scripts here will also have buttons one day? I’m starting to get used to them but I’m a bit torn, the keyboard only version vor the desktop is very useful too.