[Userscript] Reorder Omega

The default sort by type preset sorts in rad, kan, voc order. You can change this in the settings by changing the value in the settings for that preset. I’d get you a screenshot, but sadly I’m on mobile

You would create a preset with a sort action like this

I just swapped to Reorder Omega from Reorder Ultimate 2 (R.I.P.) and am having this issue where I can’t go past 10 reviews unless I refresh. I have switched the settings about several different ways and turned off every review script except Open Framework and Reorder Omega.

After the 10th, it turns green but I can’t hit enter to progress. Oddly, if I click around, it allows me to still type and enter other text in the box. It even shakes if I try to enter non-kana answers, as shown:
qa4WFFLTVo

1 Like

If you still have script compatibility mode enabled you need to turn it off

1 Like

Oh, duh. I feel dumb now haha. Thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just updated the script to not care about compatibility mode so other users won’t have the same issue

1 Like

I just installed Reorder Omega but am getting an endless load screen when trying to access my reviews. I only have Open Framework and Reorder Omega enabled. When I disable Reorder I can proceed to reviews as normal, but if it’s enabled I just continuously loads. Restarted Tamper Monkey already but no success. Any ideas how to fix this? Also not in compatability mode.

Using Chrome 107.0.5304.122

1 Like

Sounds like something is going wrong. Can you check the console for errors? F12 → Console

Seeing this:

1 Like

Shoot, that’s related to a change I made today. I’ll get that fixed in about half an hour

Pushed an update that I think should fix it, though I am unsure why it was happening in the first place (I am not getting the same error). Please let me know if version 1.3.13 works for you

1 Like

1.3.13 works for me now :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks for being so quick, you’re awesome!

1 Like

I have a slight bug where it takes a while to be allowed to press enter to proceed to the next review every couple of reviews randomly. I presently have a fairly large review pile of 900 so that may factor into it. Other than that, this script works great, I’ve always wanted to be able to sort by SRS to get these review counts lower. I am on 1.3.13.

2 Likes

Sadly this is a known issue that can’t be fixed on our end. We have been trying to get WK to help us resolve it since March, but no luck so far.

@TofuguRob @tofugu-scott Any chance we could get this looked at now that legacy reviews are gone? It would be a very small change…

The issue is that the memo doesn’t update when the jStorage queue is changed, and we end up fetching reviews one by one when they are not already cached

3 Likes

I am not entirely sure what the issue is, and I have concerns about setting a precedent if I changed any code purely to support scripts.

1 Like

During reviews WK caches the next 100 items in the queue. When the active queue needs to be refilled an item ID is grabbed from the queue and if it exists in the cache it is moved to the active queue. If it is not in the queue it is fetched from the server. The cache also has a threshold at which it will refill itself to 100 items.

The issue is that if you reorder the queue, the cache does not contain the next 100 items in the queue, in fact it may not contain any of the next 100 items. As such, when the active queue needs to be refilled it is a cache miss and the item is fetched from the server… for every single item… which introduces significant lag.

The proposed solution is to leverage the cache refill behavior to ensure that the correct items are cached. It is a tiny, non-intrusive, improvement to your code which makes it more robust. We are not asking for a lot here. If anything this would be a good precedent to set.

You should also remember that our users are your users as well. While WK does not officially support scripts the devs have always had a good relationship with script authors and understood the scripts are important to many users experiences. There is a middle ground between outright support and not changing things because it benefits scripts. Reorder Ultimate 2 had almost 15,000 users; sure that is a fraction of the total user base, but hardly negligible.

10 Likes

Having the same problem, I would appreciate this one problem getting fixed considering how much functionality the website lost after the script apocalypse. I’ve been primarily using the third-party android app because that seems unaffected. I hope the retirement of compatibility mode truly helps the process of adding new features to the website but right now it’s a massive hindrance in my daily study and WK is unusable, for me at least, without scripts.

2 Likes

Hello!
I recently moved to Reorder Omega.
I’m trying to sort the items first by Radical/Kanji/Vocab and then, inside each of these categories, sort by level.

Unfortunately, I still get kanji mixed with vocab… What am I doing wrong?

Here is my setting:
Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 10.32.02
Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 10.32.07

Thanks!

1 Like

For this you would want to first sort by level and then by type. When you sort the relative order of items with the same value (e.g. all radicals) will be kept, so if you sort by level first, then when you sort by type it will end up sorted primarily by type but by level within each type.

You will still see some mixing going on, however, if you answer items incorrectly. However, you should be seeing all kanji before you see any vocab

2 Likes

Thanks! I will try that :bowing_man:

1 Like