[Userscript] Kaniwani Anki Mode

Are you using Kaniwani but really really want Anki mode, just like in regular (enhanced) Wanikani?

Solved that.

Link:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/17835-kw-anki-mode

How to use:
press SPACE to reveal answer
press 1 to mark as correct
press 2 to mark as incorrect (note: submits “nope” in hiragana)

! There is no “off” button like with WK Anki Mode. However, it’s still possible to answer by typing normally, so there is no need for one.

Lightning Mode option:
As of default, Lightning Mode for false answers is enabled!
This means it will automatically skip to the next question if you got the answer wrong.
Because Kaniwani doesn’t use mnemonics like WK, it would be pointless to just stare at that red bar until your finger finds the ENTER button on your keyboard. It really interrupts the flow when you constantly have to switch between 1/2/SPACE and ENTER.

But if you really like hitting that ENTER button and see the red bar of shame, you can disable this option.
On line 14 of the script, you will find

var lightning_mode_wrong_answer = true;
Just change this to
var lightning_mode_wrong_answer = false;
(changes in bold)

How to install/edit user scripts guide:
 /t/Visual-Guide-on-How-To-Install-A-Userscript/12136/1

Change log:

v1.3: added support for WaniKani Highlighter Chrome extension.

Note: This was a user request. Tested on Firefox and Chromium.

4 Likes

I’m that user.
I feel so special.

You deserve more credit Mempo.
Not only are you maintaining a ton of outdated/abandoned scripts, so we can keep reaping the benefits. 
You also make the magic happen when people have requests.
praises

1 Like

Well played, sir.

This will interact quite well since it emulates entering a real answer as opposed to just submitting “correct”.
it’ll maintain the difference in srs level if you marked the question wrong earlier in the review for example.

If it breaks in the future (it will if I change the names of things, likely to happen in an upcoming refactor), get in contact with me for any relevant new details. Though it’ll probably just be a case of mempo updating some selector names.

Subversity said... Well played, sir.

This will interact quite well since it emulates entering a real answer as opposed to just submitting "correct".
it'll maintain the difference in srs level if you marked the question wrong earlier in the review for example.

If it breaks in the future (it will if I change the names of things, likely to happen in an upcoming refactor), get in contact with me for any relevant new details. Though it'll probably just be a case of mempo updating some selector names.
 I didn't want to spend too much time digging through your code to see how exactly the answer evaluation worked, so I opted for simple copy-pasting the value. (I found the methods pertaining to it, but couldn't figure out the exact workings)

Anyway, just glad it doesn't interfere with srs levels. Didn't even think of that until you mentioned it :/

If it stops working, Amenophyckxs will probably just shoot me an email.

Lightning mode <3

Subversity said... Well played, sir.
I did not expect to have a "fix" for my request so soon. It was merely something I was checking for to see the possibilities, but I'm happy that this script is here now. This way you won't have to worry either and check if this is a feature that people are interested in and then decide whether or not it should be implemented.
I understand that it could be used to fake your way through your reviews and thus harming the process. In that way, a script might be better since it is less accessible and only used by those that actually look for it.
I'm grateful you're willing to provide any relevant info in case something gets changed. I appreciate the hard work you and Tadgh11 have put into KaniWani and I hope that this is in no way coming across as undermining your hard work.

*praises
Subversity and Tadgh11 for KaniWani*
*praises Mempo for, you know... being Mempo*
Amenophyckxs said...*praises Mempo for, you know... being Mempo*
 That reminded me of an interaction from how to train your dragon. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZb8Mzct1Rc

(at the end it goes the opposite way, where "you pointed at all of me" is meant positive... that's the one i meant but can not find... but you know what i mean <3)
Amenophyckxs said...
Amenophyckxs said...*praises Mempo for, you know... being Mempo*
 That reminded me of an interaction from how to train your dragon. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZb8Mzct1Rc

(at the end it goes the opposite way, where "you pointed at all of me" is meant positive... that's the one i meant but can not find... but you know what i mean <3)
How to train your dragon is awesome!
But you praise too much man ^^
Mempo said...But you praise too much man ^^
Maybe, but I personally hate it when people take things I do for them for granted or "expect" it. So I always try to make sure that I show my appreciation whenever someone helps me or does something I benefit from.
(I'll tone it down a bit :P)

It has stopped working for me. Could you please take a look at it?

embe said... It has stopped working for me. Could you please take a look at it?
 Took a look, fixed a thing, added 1 letter in total, job well done.

Confirming that it works. Thanks!

Hey, I’d have a request. Could you add an option to have the script autostart with reviews? It could be switchable in the script itself.

embe said... Hey, I'd have a request. Could you add an option to have the script autostart with reviews? It could be switchable in the script itself.
 I don't know what you mean exactly. Apparently I never added a button to switch it on, so as soon as you type SPACE, 1 or 2, it gets activated. Like magic. Even I didn't realize it was that simple.

Really? I have a buttom at the bottom to toggle in on/off and unless I activate it typing hitting neither space nor 1 or 2 seems to activate it. It just types exactly space, 1 or 2.

.edit. waahh. how small… it’s the dark blue one.
.edit2. Sorry… it seems that I have mistaken the thread… I mean the WaniKani one.

Ok, that’s a different story indeed.

@embe
In case you should miss it, I made a new thread with the updated version of the WaniKani one: /t/Userscript-Wanikani-Anki-Mode-active-support/14399

I can’t get this to work, any tips?

would be nice to be able to “gift” people like him with one month sub for example

You’re absolutely sure you’re using it on Kaniwani and not Wanikani?