User Scripts Requiring Open Framework Not Working

All of my scripts that require Open Framework do not work. I don’t get any error messages, but none of the scripts show up. When, I toggle framework off all scripts show the error messages “this script requires framework…”. They should be working as I used a TamperMonkey backup from another computer where the scripts all currently work.

When you say you don’t get any errors, does that include the Javascript console? (Press F12 and click the Console tab).

Also, what browser are you using?
Do you have Open Framework in the #1 slot in TamperMonkey? (not just the top of the list, but also with a #1 next to it)

The most common problems are:

1. Ad blockers or security plugins interfering with legitimate script features such as access to browser storage (indexeddb).
  2. Firefox has a fairly common problem where it corrupts its indexeddb storage, which you can clean in the Storage tab (after opening the dev tools by pressing F12).

Also, make sure you have the latest version of Open Framework, which was updated a few days ago. Wanikani discontinued a small piece of the scripting API, and old versions of Open Framework may not get very far.

2 Likes

Also try restarting your browser (not just one window of it). Works surprisingly often.
Scripts are working for me.