Userscripts not working! :(

I have followed all of the necessary steps to install Tampermonkey and the Wanikani Open Framework user scripts, however, they simply don’t work. I have installed two other scripts, (Self study Quiz and Lesson hover details) and neither of them work. image It appears, but when I click on it nothing happens. The lesson hover script doesn’t appear at all. Help! :frowning:

If you go to your settings page, make sure you have an API key generated.

1 Like

Hello! My API key was already generated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you open up the dev console (F12) and paste any errors here?

3 Likes

Do you have the Open Framework run first?

1 Like

Yes, I have the open framework run 1st, the scripts are sorted by # as well

1 Like

Hello, sorry, I pressed F12 but I do not know where the errors are so I do not know what part to show you? I’m not very experienced with computers and stuff

1 Like

There should be a section called Console to click after hitting F12.

2 Likes

image

1 Like

So there’s no errors there. What happens if you trying clicking Self-Study Quiz from the menu you showed in your first post? Do any errors show up after that?

2 Likes

image
Ah, I realized I had only generated my API key version 1. My mistake, I’m sorry for wasting time and thank you for your quick replies :smile:

3 Likes

No worries! Feel free to post again if you have any questions. :grin:

3 Likes

Your genuine question isn’t wasting time, other people may find it helpful one day. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Did something happen with Chrome recently? My scripts stopped working and opening the dev console on the dashboard showed 2 errors. I did the only fix I know about, “turn it off then back on”, and they started working again after I reinstalled Tampermonkey. But now instead of 2 errors in the dev console I get 5, and whenever I open the console I get 2 more (I’m at 51 errors right now). Opening the console in the forums shows no errors. I’m happy things work now but I fear everything will break down again. :fearful:

Can you post the errors and what userscript(s) you are using?

Errors

Scripts

It seems that there are errors in application-fb2132180f2d0285400cf.js.
Try to click on that and trace which userscript (or extension) it is.
Another thing you could do is disable userscripts until the majority of the errors go away (ignore the first one that you showed.)
Once you know which script it is, contact the developer, and give them your Chrome version (found at chrome://version)

Good luck! :wink:

1 Like

Chrome says that’s WaniKani’s Dashboard :thinking:

Looks like the dev console doesn’t like WK, as deactivating every script still gives me the two errors that happen every time I open the console. :man_shrugging:

The other error seems to be because I had two scripts doing essentially the same thing (detailed SRS), because deactivating one solved it.