User Interface Improvement

Hello friends!

I am taking a user interface class this semester during which we need to redesign an existing application. Since I just started using WaniKani, it was the first thing that came to mind. I’ve created a questionnaire here to assist in eliciting information about WK users, how WK is being used, and how it can be improved. If you have the time, I would sincerely appreciate your help in filling out said questionnaire. It consists of eight free-response questions and should only take about 10-15 minutes.

It’s worth mentioning that I’m in no way affiliated with WaniKani, nor will I be publishing the redesigned app. It’s simply for a class.

Thank you for the help. I’m looking forward to reading your responses!

Just some feedback, this questionnaire is really badly written. The best way to gather information is always with mostly multiple choice, and a few open questions where needed. Having an open question for things like “how long have you used WK” creates a lot more data points for yourself that you have to sift through every response, instead of allowing the questionnaire to do the majority of the data collection for you.

Also, the majority of questions after the second question need to be split up.

“What does a typical WK session look like for you (i.e. do you start with reviews, do you complete all lessons, how long is a session) and how many times a day do you use it?” Is simply way too broad of a question and will not give you any helpful information whatsoever, and ultimately leave all data up to your interpretation of their answer, rather than getting consisive helpful data points.

If you don’t get what I mean by that well for me, I always start my WK sessions with a cup of coffee. How is knowing I drink coffee during my sessions helpful to you? Even though that is a genuine interpretation of your question.

I reccomend you look up some guides on questionnaire creation and data accumulation and really have a think about what information you really need to truly be helpful for your project, and break your questions down into smaller and far more consise points for better answers. There’s tonnes of guides out there and shouldn’t take you more than a few hours.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I left it open ended because it’s supposed to simulate an in-person interview. I’m trying to write a few different personas and scenarios from these responses so I’m looking for as many details as possible, hence the open ended questions.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.