Torii - SRS learning application for vocabulary

The kana only mode should be really useful! Need to study the words that wanikani does not teach.

Another weird furigana.

Also can you make it an option where the audio sentences can also autoplay during reviews?

It really helps me remember when I can associate the word with a sentence. I love it during lessons but the memory fades since I can’t play it during reviews.

1 Like

Fixed. Again, thanks for the report.

Yeah no problem, there has been a request to make the example sentence available during reviews some days ago. Audio will be included.

1 Like

Thanks!

I recently finished the N2 vocab. I switched to the N1study mode and it said that I have 1200 new words to learn. I didn’t realize I wouldn’t be able to do N2 reviews so I switched study modes again to combine N1 and N2 and now it says I have 1900 new words. Where did the extra 700 come from? I already took off the WK words…
Maybe it doesn’t remember the words I ignore?

The information on the study mode selection page about how many new words you will learn is a bit misleading at the moment. It tells you the total amount of words of the selected mode(s), without taking into account the words you have already learned. Check out the ‘Progress’ page from the dashboard to see how many words there are actually left to learn.

2 Likes

Ah I see! Yeah when I saw the progress it says I’m already 700 words in. I’m guessing those are the N2 words I’ve already done the lessons for.

Thanks for replying! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Found another mismatched furigana.

1 Like

The フ just fell over a bit, that’s all.

9 Likes

This is the second time へ has been trying to masquerade as フ。:thinking: I won’t fall for its lies!

4 Likes

Fixed, thank you. I just went through all the Katakana words and found some more mismatched Furigana. Not exactly sure what went wrong there. It’s all fixed now though.

3 Likes

Will there be an option to export a custom list? If I created one and wanted to share it with someone?

EDIT

NM, I see it on your might be added list. Well this is my vote to add that feature as well as an iOS app if possible. Otherwise outstanding app, thank you for creating it.

When you archive a word, that is like saying you already know it, or just that you don’t want to learn it? I just started Torii and I couldn’t figure that out. I’m doing the N5 vocab (excluding WK words) and stumbled on a word I know really well, so I archived it. I’m guessing that is the way to use it?

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what the archive function was made for.

2 Likes

Great. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Couldn’t find this proposial
Is it possible to make examples availible for copying?

Hello found another typo!

2 Likes

As someone who always thought the Anki interface was super ugly, I’m looking forward to trying this out. Thanks for your hard work!

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. Do you mean the context sentence that has audio or the sentences in the “Examples” tab, or both?

Heh I thought I had found them all by now…:stuck_out_tongue: Fixed, thank you once again!

2 Likes

A couple issues I found. I paid for prime so I could create custom lists.

1. Practicing a custom list crashes the app. I am on a Windows 10 1809 Surface Laptop. I also tried this on my other Windows 10 1809 PC and same issues.
  2. It won’t let me paste Kanji, and the paste buttons don’t seem to do anything. No point in adding vocabulary if I can’t add the kanji version of the word in the first row.

—Mon Mar 11 15:47:12 EDT 2019—
com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: Unknown file extension for music: .toriiTemp/null
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl3.audio.OpenALAudio.newMusic(OpenALAudio.java:159)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl3.audio.OpenALAudio.newMusic(OpenALAudio.java:62)
at com.torii.srs.AudioHandler.playSound(AudioHandler.java:104)
at com.torii.srs.AudioHandler.access$000(AudioHandler.java:12)
at com.torii.srs.AudioHandler$1$1.run(AudioHandler.java:43)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl3.Lwjgl3Application.loop(Lwjgl3Application.java:153)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl3.Lwjgl3Application.(Lwjgl3Application.java:111)
at com.torii.srs.desktop.DesktopLauncher.main(DesktopLauncher.java:64)

Thanks a lot for your support and sorry for the inconvenience!

1. This is a known bug that will be fixed in the next software update coming very soon (most likely on March 18). For now the error can be avoided by deactivating audio auto-play and by not clicking on the kanji while practicing.
  2. H̶m̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶.̶ ̶P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶@̶t̶o̶r̶i̶i̶-̶s̶r̶s̶.̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶’̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶.̶ I found the problem. It will be fixed in the next update as well.
3 Likes