Tokyo Olympics 2021: WaniKani Edition (the real date, not the 2020 gun-jumpers)

And we look forward to getting to know you too!

While I’m here…

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

4 Likes

Thanks for the links @Windgreen and @Joeni! That list of additional resources is so amazing, and at the same time pretty intimidating.:sweat_smile: I think I’ll just stick with Wanikani for a few weeks at least before I start going down the rabbit hole too far. Some of them I’ve looked at before, like slime forest, Rosetta stone, and Remembering the kanji.

4 Likes

Idk, something about “staying down to earth”? :thinking: Or “flat and on the back of a giant Durtle.”

2 Likes

地球の下に残ろう!

我がアースはデカいダートルの甲羅の上にある平らなアースである。

1 Like

Up to level 11 as of right now!

Team 水 moves ever closer to the finish line!

4 Likes

Congrats to my teammate, @ShinobuSagi, first from my team to level up! :partying_face:

2 Likes

With all due respect, Shinobusagi is still level 34 - the same level they joined.

1 Like

Congrats to the first Olympians XXXII level-ups!
This week 1 post for new level-ups counted until 2020-09-30T23:59:00Z.

Team 水 won the first week, with 空 in second place.

5 Likes

Then I guess he leveled up earlier than I thought :sweat_smile: Ah well, then I will be the first in my team to level up :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

What would happen if one of leveled up would levelup again?
That may be my case. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I just joined water team!
I’ve been on 8 days so far but can’t keep up with grammar so i’m probably gonna slow down to catchup on bunpro and not make the olympics. Putting my goal as a 3 for now.

edit: @whinette nyaiiice to meet you. Go 水!

4 Likes

hey, you think you can make august next year?

lemme do some maths (well excel more like)… I did not realise you were speedish running. Well i guess there are those fast levels as well.

I could finish in august at my current speed but i can’t see myself keeping up for some reason. Am i being a wuss?

1 Like

I don’t see any reason why not if we ignore my two breaks:

And got at the speed you want, not some arbitrary target <3

I’m just competitive and this helps me want to keep up ^^

1 Like

Yeah, It does help to have a goal. Mine were N5 in july and N4 in december but that got covided out of my life so this could be a good way to stay on my toes. And the 0/0 streak challenge. Now I need something to force gently nudge me to do grammar lol!

2 Likes

No pressure from the team either! Better take it slow than abandon early.

4 Likes

The deadline has been pushed forward to September 30th (UTC) so it might not be anymore - I decided WaniKani Wednesdays just made more sense for our weekly posts!

I will create one of these posts each week to determine which team is winning each week, and overall (based on the prior week posts)

If someone levels up twice during the span of one post, congrats! You get two level-ups for your team. But, if you’re going faster than 7 days per level, get some sleep and don’t burn out.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ll manage but maybe this thread will motivate me enough to do so :smiley:.
I joined team 地 with a plan to hit level 60 by the Paralympics (September 5).

4 Likes

I can’t believe all these people not joining team 空. At least it helps me embrace the void.

Now I just need to learn how to channel saidin…

4 Likes

I fixed that recently - let me know if that’s better

2 Likes

Hehe, I see you caught my level up :wink:

I’m in four different ‘lets hit x by x’ threads, so I’ve given up self-congratulating in them :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes