Tofugu/WaniKani is Hiring (2021 Edition)

Essentially doubling the team isn’t a strong enough hint? :wink:

2 Likes

That’s what made me think of it to start with, so I started trawling the job descriptions… and either (1) the EtoEto content is already done, (2) the roles for its content are already filled, or (3) its content isn’t what I was expecting. The roles seem mostly focused on articles and blogs. So, unless it has gone back to being more like TextFugu, I’m guessing those roles aren’t for EtoEto.

The “Product Designer” role is part-time, and focuses on writing project specs (essentially proposals). The “Designer” role states it will be primarily focused on WK.

The existing dev team seems to be focused on rebasing WK. That could be just a side effect of a larger primary project, but probably not with such a small team.

tl;dr
While I didn’t say “this isn’t EtoEto”, I did say “I don’t see it” in these roles. The roles indicates growth, but don’t seem to directly suggest an imminent product release.

-—
Tangentially related…
Since about 6months into my WK membership, I’ve been building ideas of what a grammar site might look like. Knowing that Tofugu was working on something, I’ve been mostly content to wait and see. As time rolls onward, I never stopped thinking about it, and I’ve been slowly maturing and refining the concepts. At one point (about 2.5yrs ago), I actually started on it while work was slow. But after two months or so, I had a sudden flood of new contract work come in. I’m now in transition again, so I’ve been resurrecting those plans in the back of my mind again as I keep an eye on my client’s protential growth.

So, if EtoEto comes out, I’ll be happy to see it. If not… well, we’ll see what happens.

20 Likes

Waaaah
Good luck to everyone applying.
My people need me elsewhere

4 Likes

dang that forum moderator seems like something I can actually do, but the JLPT 4 requirement is the one thing stopping me there.

1 Like

I am also here to vouch for Vue! (I love React too)

1 Like

Taking my shot at the general editor roll, seems to fall within my current skillset and work experience and the flexibility/wage is wonderful! Best of luck to everyone else who’s giving any of the positions a try

3 Likes

I’m glad Tofugu is doing so well that they can hire that many additional people :relieved:

5 Likes

Do the company benefits still involve slippers?

3 Likes

4 Likes

I love you guys, but only part-time position … :thinking:

3 Likes

The trick here is clearly to apply for two jobs to make one full time job! :wink:

12 Likes

Ah, I see what you’re saying. That makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

You’re detail-oriented. A tiny detail like a missing symbol could result in breaking a preview of the site. And, consistency as for styling is important for us. If you’ve been ashamed or blamed for being nit-picky, this may a job where you can shine.

Am I being nit-picky, or was this intentional? :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

I would love to apply for some of these, but sadly I am not yet allowed to work in the US. Processing times for employment authorization seem to be around 8 months… Maybe next time

8 Likes

Totally applied for that Executive Assistant role. Seems like a ton of fun - and I’d still have plenty of time to work on Japanese learning. :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s a test to see if people are really detail-oriented, anyone who didn’t notice has no chance to get hired

6 Likes

I’m still waiting to hear back about my application for vice supreme ruler.

8 Likes

I would absolutely love that job if my JLPT level was up to scratch, I’m just not quite there yet, maybe next time. I deal with all kinds of conflict at my current job for half the pay that they are offering and triple those hours. Good luck to those that applied! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you get one and spend all day on the forums, you can finally fix that slight spelling error you accidentally made in my sect title

2 Likes

So many Frontend developers over here :eyes:

Unfortunately I’ve got no experience with react, mainly Angular and a little Vue :frowning:
I think I’d apply in an instant.

1 Like