The joys of a no internet vacation /s

So recently for reasons I have had 2 sessions of no internet on anything other than my phone (through data). So I haven’t been able to do my WK reviews or turn on vacation mode for a bit (My Password is just a 32 random character string such as this h%4ZU62zQk!7erg4vEv(RMLqCR7Hw$Xi hence not being able to do it or turn on vacation mode on phone) I came back recently to this. Luckily at one point I took my laptop to an internet cafe and turned on vacation mode while there so it’s not nearly as bad as it could have been. I figured to motivate me to finish off the backlog, I’ll post my daily sessions here until it’s done. Normally I could knock out lower 100s of reviews in one decently long session but since I’ve only been stretching my Japanese muscle through immersion this is probably going to be more exhausting than normal.

P.S if anyone has a better topic title I’m all ears.

Archive:

Session 1

Session 2

Session 3

Session 4

Closing remarks: I severely overestimated how long this would take just because I’d been away for months. I expected at least a week and yet it hasn’t even been three days since my first post (Only 57.78 hours) This actually gives quite a boost of confidence for me, if I ever have this happen again I probably won’t make a thread about it, The hope was if I ever wasn’t feeling like doing it the accountability would force me to but I absolutely have the discipline to force myself to do it for much longer than this, also the cropping for the photo is kind of annoying. Regardless thanks for reading and commenting time to get back to doing lessons.

2 Likes

I know the line is overused, but:

Oh sweet summer child!

12 Likes

First session:

Yeah I know, I thought there was internet where I was going tbf. In which I would’ve kept going through the trip.

Eh no, that’s not what I meant :wink:

1 Like

in the later levels, amounts like 300 reviews a day might be quite normal

I’m sitting on 600 odd rn, but that’s because of vacation plus exhaustion mostly

3 Likes

I’m prepared for that the review number isn’t what makes it hard for me just the fact I haven’t been using WaniKani for around a month and a half.

Oh what did you mean?

可愛い~!
The good old days…

2 Likes

Second session:

2 Likes

I often have a problem where I can’t access the Internet for a longer time period. There is an app named “Flaming Durtles” on the Andriod Playstore. The app will download your Kanji and you can to your reviews and lessons offline and as soon as you have Internet again you can synchronize your account again with wani kani.

4 Likes

Seconding flaming durtles - it’s a great app and with even some functionality that I don’t have on my computer (like using random fonts for example).

3 Likes

This is exactly what my brother is/was doing, and I basically never understood it. All the time, I would ask him if he could check something, and he would reply with “I don’t have my password”. Why not use a password manager, that has a phone app?

2 Likes

the most secure password is the one you can’t remember.

3 Likes

Too bad I’m on IOS, sounds like a nice app, but my hands cramp really quickly when typing on a phone so I stick to computer only. This is my first time having an extended period of no internet since getting WaniKani [quote=“Gorbit99, post:13, topic:59282, full:true”]

This is exactly what my brother is/was doing, and I basically never understood it. All the time, I would ask him if he could check something, and he would reply with “I don’t have my password”. Why not use a password manager, that has a phone app?
[/quote]

Just feels the best for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So Ironically on this thread about no internet, it happened again not even CLOSE to as long but still kinda funny. I lost power while doing my reviews. So this one is split into two sessions

Session 3(1):

Session 4(2):

Closing remarks: I severely overestimated how long this would take just because I’d been away for months. I expected at least a week and yet it hasn’t even been three days since my first post (Only 57.78 hours) This actually gives quite a boost of confidence for me, if I ever have this happen again I probably won’t make a thread about it, The hope was if I ever wasn’t feeling like doing it the accountability would force me to but I absolutely have the discipline to force myself to do it for much longer than this, also the cropping for the photo is kind of annoying. Regardless thanks for reading and commenting time to get back to doing lessons.

I’m also really happy I remembered 大体 after failing it on day one it seemed like one of the ones that would just need to be brute-forced through but I got it today and was very happy about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.