The 0/0 Streak Challenge

Dang, does it really get this rough after the 20s? Unless I’m working my way through a new batch of lessons upon level-up (I won’t do more than thirty a day at the most), I see the 0/0 after most of my sessions.

Even if I let 200+ reviews build up, when I do them, I usually do them in one sitting.

Edit – Whoops. Accidentally made this a response to a specific person and am not sure if I can undo that. ごめんなさい!

1 Like

I will be here soon, give me a week or so. and i’m going to commemorate my 0/0…long time coming.

Well, it just depends on when your life or other distractions kick in and disrupt your habits. Then once you’re disrupted, bigger review piles feel like a deterrent and things get worse from there on. You’re lucky if you can get through your whole subscription without any distractions and weaknesses. c:

The first time since a very long time. Probably because I was very slow for this level.

4 Likes

Ayyyy, just in time.

Say, what’s that “leeches” thing I see? Is it a chrome extension for WK?

3 Likes
2 Likes

I did about 90 lessons this morning and went to take a screenshot of my 0/0 because I’d just cleared out a bunch of reviews and … I had 6 lessons to do. Nope.

4 Likes

I had 26 lessons and wasn’t going to do them. Then I saw this thread and really wanted to get to 0/0!

10 Likes

Gonna enjoy this brief lull before guru’ing 60’s kanji tonight and getting my last big batch of vocab lessons… ever :’)

Before
before

After

36 Likes

so yeaaaaah. I’ve had more than 100 lessons for a super duper long time and I’m working on cutting them down. I’ll be back later probably. not tonight though because I have a science project and an english project due tomorrow and I barely started either of them I should really try to manage my time better

10 Likes

Oh, this is a challenge now! I made it a habit to always have 0/0 the hour they appear and that’s not going to change!

6 Likes

I’m back…

3 Likes

~Voilà! 0 Lessons, Level 14.

4 Likes

You should be glad it’s not 14 xD
Everyone who fought through 14 knows what I mean.

First 0/0 of level 19! :grin:
i00

5 Likes

Took a week to clear the backlog

But finally finished

20 Likes

I never see 0/0. I don’t get through lessons fast enough for them to every hit zero.

5 Likes

Level 17

Phew

4 Likes

So how many lessons do you do each day? I’m probably older than 90% of you, but I find if I try to learn 10 new words a day, it gets overwhelming soon. I’m sure others can do it faster, but still it can get overwhelming.

All of them. A few days ago did around 150. Of course I don’t remember all of them right off the bat, but getting them wrong and repeating them generally yields results in 2-3 days (basically before the next big batch of lessons from the next level). By the time the next level arrives I know 95% of them.
I do this partly because of enthusiasm and partly because of time restraints (I need to know ~intermediate Japanese by July).
Also about the overwhelming part… I tend to just trust my brain to do it’s thing (even if I don’t remember it, the information is somewhere in there and it’s gonna click at some point).

3 Likes