Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 1

Thanks for the suggestion. Ordered to be sent to home. Thanks.

2 Likes

Do I need to wait till May 1st to fill in the character sheet? or it doesn’t matter? (Again I’m sorry, this is the first book club that I joined >.<)

1 Like

You mean the shared vocab sheet? Have at it, just make sure you read the instructions on the first tab :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Finished Minna no Nihongo 1. Looking forward to reading one of my favourite manga’s in the original language. :grin:

4 Likes

While I am way past Genki 1 and 2, I do need to practice reading other things besides essays lolol. I’ll be glad to join and see how this goes! Very excited!

4 Likes

Wow, this is perfect! I love this series and was thinking of reading the raws when I leveled up a bit. But right now, I’m close to WK4 and have been solo’ing Genki 1 slowly. This is great motivation to work more!

Japanese learning aside, I remember reading the first volumes and it was so… “arghh” because the character’s do not look as cute as they do now haha. Takagi looked and felt so much more mean-spirited than innocent cute teasing :rofl:. The art has evolved so prettily since! (Around Vol 3-4 the art starts to look closer to how it is now and in the anime)

I hope to get as far as I can in WK and Genki before the start date and look forward to reading my first native material!! :smile:

7 Likes

Thank you, I added a bit from a casual read through, will refine overtime. Huge Takahashi Rie fan so the motivation is there >.<

4 Likes

right there with you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do have another question, I am rather new to Wani Kani community, so when there will be threads for each chapter/week, will those be located under the “Popular Links” section, or how does that all work?

Don’t worry, I’ll post a link to them in this thread. Make sure to set this thread to Tracking or Watching by clicking the button at the bottom of this page :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not sure which browser you use but when I use chrome it has an option to translate Japanese so then the entire page (on Bookwalker) and book descriptions are in English for me. (The icon appears in the search bar and has a G on it I have a mac so its next to the star for favoriting a page.) Hope this can help in the future!

1 Like

I dropped off the community a while ago, and had to reset wanikani from being inactive too long… this seems like it might be a fun way to wake those neurons back up and get a little more social again!

Already learned a lot trying to get the Amazon.co.jp to work - this manga was actually free in the jp kindle store!

4 Likes

Can you post a link? I can’t seem to find it.

It’s in the first post, i think?

I’m only on my 2 1/2 month of learning Japanese, but I’m excited to try and follow along with this club. I was planning on going back through Yotsuba but it will be fun to follow along with something that is actively being read. I look forward to working through this manga together! It helps that I’ve seen the anime.

2 Likes

We’re going through Yotsuba. :eyes:

It’s almost over, but still…

I didn’t realize it was still ongoing! Still though I would definitely have to start from the beginning. With this manga I can start fresh. Thank you for letting me know though.

1 Like

Hi all - just found this site after it was mentioned on a Youtube channel called Alivia’s Japanese Nook. I’m on track to finish the NihongoShark.com: Kanji Anki deck on April 29th, so this sound like the perfect thing to move onto after almost 4 months of grinding! :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome! I myself just started a couple of months ago learning Japanese. This is a really cool community!

2 Likes

I happen to see one before but I wouldn’t know if it’s the same exact one @zincknife saw but maybe.
It was free but it was only until March 30 :frowning:
You can see the free trial versions by adding this to your search: 期間限定無料お試し版
Only Vol 1-4 available.