Teasing Master Takagi-san šŸ˜ 惻 Volume 1

Yeay, mine has arrived!!!

1 Like

And reading more up on it, and the translation isnā€™t too good. i was convinced someone would be going to tease ā€˜master takagi-sanā€™, but itā€™s basically saying: teasing master (very good in): takagi-san.
But: omg, I recognised the äøŠę‰‹

4 Likes

I keep reading it this way as well. It threw me off a bit on whoā€™s who at first.

Whoever came up with this as the title for the official English release really should have employed a dash: ā€œTeasing-Master Takagi-sanā€.

7 Likes

Wikipediaā€™s translation makes much more sense: good at teasing: miss Takagi.
Pretty sure itā€™s clear for everybody who can read Japanese :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a little confused on where the book starts. This is my first time trying to read one, and I opted for reading on a kindle/kindle app.

1 Like

ę¶ˆć—ć‚“ćƒž should be the first chapter

1 Like

This is my first book club! Iā€™m looking foward to working with everyone :slight_smile:

11 Likes

woo hooā€¦ a set of 13 vols appeared today ā€¦ thank you CDJapan and DHL. ā€¦always fun buying stuff from Japanā€¦ super fast and awesome (at least to Los Angeles)ā€¦

gonna try a book club again that this time probably wonā€™t bury me :grin:
(donā€™t have the reading drive of some of our well known experts here)

was able to read and understand 90 - 95% (a few new vocab)ā€¦but finally got to enjoy thisā€¦ looking forward to opening something and being able to enjoy it a little more instead of pushing through with lots of vocab I donā€™t know and all that N3 grammar I still need to learn :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

Have this book at home and havenā€™t read it, so no reason not to join!

See you after the current club finishes.

3 Likes

Thought Iā€™d reread the first chapter tonight and went through and populated the remainder of the vocab sheet for ch1 (page numbers from printed manga)ā€¦added more vocab (considering this might be the first book for many absolute beginners) ā€¦ for the most part ch1 is pretty much filled inā€¦hopefully it makes things a bit easier when the 1st chapter officially starts.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Iā€™m interested in giving this a shot, Iā€™ve heard good things about this manga and want to start reading soon.

Would it be wise to get a physical copy if only because I want to write notes in it? Or is writing straight in manga sacrilege? :smile: Maybe I should get some clear sticky notes?

2 Likes

imo you bought and supported the media and that is really already good enough (thereā€™s too many pirates out there)
As for how you want to work with the book club, itā€™s your book and Iā€™m sure you can do whatever you want so long as it makes you more comfortable or helps you understanding the context etc.
I personally just choose to go digital cause I donā€™t want to allocate more space to keep my physical medias :rip:

I bought the ebook and converted it into a pdf. Then I can use the ā€˜notesā€™ function in my pdf reader to add digital sticky notes. What I like about this is that I can write as much as I want (infinite space!) and the notes are searchable.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure I missed out some potential words or I just unintentionally left out some words cause they seemed a bit too obvious to point out (as in depends on how comprehensive weā€™re gonna make).
But yea feel free to add in words as you see fit :slight_smile:

In past book clubs weā€™ve had spreadsheets with every single word in them, so I wouldnā€™t worry about it being too comprehensive :grin:

1 Like

Good point! Iā€™m happy to support authors. It was way too easy for a very long time to pirate manga, but it seems nowadays thereā€™s a lot of good resources to read legally.

I bought a physical copy because I think I will add notes to it with clear sticky notes. I noticed a store someone mentioned earlier, Kinokunhiya, is actually in Los Angeles where Iā€™m located. So no issues getting a Japanese copy here ā€“ I bought it with some other absolute beginner manga (Yotsuba and Clueless Transfer Student is Assertive)

I have bare shelves myself that need filling anyways ā€“ right now the only manga sitting on my shelves complete is Oyasumi Punpun in English. Could use, uh, lighter manga to round out that shelf.

Smart! I may do this as well sometime if I donā€™t feel compelled to own physical.

Alrightā€¦ Thank youā€¦ This is my first book club joined so itā€™s really exciting. Still looking forward to someone starting a rent-a-girlfriend bookclub someday :3

1 Like

Where did you buy the ebook the you can easily convert it into a pdf?

From Amazon. With Calibre converting any ebook is pretty easy once youā€™ve got the plugins set up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I went through and added what made sense yesterdayā€¦but it looks like more was added since (some not in dictionary form - seems the instructions [guidelines tab] are often ignored ) ā€¦it always seems to happen with the clubsā€¦not gonna worry about it since things havenā€™t started yet. The master list keeper can adjust/tweak as necessary once reading is officially underway.