Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 1

I’m not sure which browser you use but when I use chrome it has an option to translate Japanese so then the entire page (on Bookwalker) and book descriptions are in English for me. (The icon appears in the search bar and has a G on it I have a mac so its next to the star for favoriting a page.) Hope this can help in the future!

1 Like

I dropped off the community a while ago, and had to reset wanikani from being inactive too long… this seems like it might be a fun way to wake those neurons back up and get a little more social again!

Already learned a lot trying to get the Amazon.co.jp to work - this manga was actually free in the jp kindle store!

4 Likes

Can you post a link? I can’t seem to find it.

It’s in the first post, i think?

I’m only on my 2 1/2 month of learning Japanese, but I’m excited to try and follow along with this club. I was planning on going back through Yotsuba but it will be fun to follow along with something that is actively being read. I look forward to working through this manga together! It helps that I’ve seen the anime.

2 Likes

We’re going through Yotsuba. :eyes:

It’s almost over, but still…

I didn’t realize it was still ongoing! Still though I would definitely have to start from the beginning. With this manga I can start fresh. Thank you for letting me know though.

1 Like

Hi all - just found this site after it was mentioned on a Youtube channel called Alivia’s Japanese Nook. I’m on track to finish the NihongoShark.com: Kanji Anki deck on April 29th, so this sound like the perfect thing to move onto after almost 4 months of grinding! :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome! I myself just started a couple of months ago learning Japanese. This is a really cool community!

2 Likes

I happen to see one before but I wouldn’t know if it’s the same exact one @zincknife saw but maybe.
It was free but it was only until March 30 :frowning:
You can see the free trial versions by adding this to your search: 期間限定無料お試し版
Only Vol 1-4 available.

God! This manga is so cute! I’ll be sure to read along with you all…

3 Likes

Yeay, mine has arrived!!!

1 Like

And reading more up on it, and the translation isn’t too good. i was convinced someone would be going to tease ‘master takagi-san’, but it’s basically saying: teasing master (very good in): takagi-san.
But: omg, I recognised the 上手

4 Likes

I keep reading it this way as well. It threw me off a bit on who’s who at first.

Whoever came up with this as the title for the official English release really should have employed a dash: “Teasing-Master Takagi-san”.

7 Likes

Wikipedia’s translation makes much more sense: good at teasing: miss Takagi.
Pretty sure it’s clear for everybody who can read Japanese :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m a little confused on where the book starts. This is my first time trying to read one, and I opted for reading on a kindle/kindle app.

1 Like

消しゴマ should be the first chapter

1 Like

This is my first book club! I’m looking foward to working with everyone :slight_smile:

11 Likes

woo hoo… a set of 13 vols appeared today … thank you CDJapan and DHL. …always fun buying stuff from Japan… super fast and awesome (at least to Los Angeles)…

gonna try a book club again that this time probably won’t bury me :grin:
(don’t have the reading drive of some of our well known experts here)

was able to read and understand 90 - 95% (a few new vocab)…but finally got to enjoy this… looking forward to opening something and being able to enjoy it a little more instead of pushing through with lots of vocab I don’t know and all that N3 grammar I still need to learn :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

Have this book at home and haven’t read it, so no reason not to join!

See you after the current club finishes.

3 Likes