Subscribed today

I just reached level 5 and the same thing happened to me on level 3 which made me worry too. Felt better reading this thread!
Thanks @miyo98 for posting and everyone for their replies

4 Likes

Ain’t that kinda weird? Like we put so much time out of our days into this program and sure it’s hard, but at a certain point it just becomes routine. Assuming I make it that far, I’m wondering how it’s gonna feel to finish WK once I hit level 60 and start burning everything and suddenly not have like 200 reviews to do a day. And I haven’t even been on that long. I started last August and am projected to finish in March, and yet the idea of not constantly having reviews and/or lessons to do sounds so strange!

2 Likes

There’s grammer study and vocabulary study (at least that what i plan on continue doing)

1 Like

And yet you successfully reached level 49! :slight_smile:
Thanks for the motivation!

1 Like

Welcome! I just unsubscribed so you can take my place. Keep the durtles happy.

Be careful noy to burn yourself out. Around level seven I began to get swarmed with reviews but so far it hasn’t gotten harder than that. You’ll do fine if you just keep at it!
Btw remember to turn on vecation mode if you are taking a extended break from wanikani (otherwise it’ll be hell when you get back)
This is my progress so far

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll be careful. You’re doing great ^^ @EpicOlesen

1 Like

Only Koichi can do Level 3 faster than 6 days 20 hours (which also means you can’t sleep) and that’s because he took 0 days 0 hours so Ke could get to Level Infinity, which awards a free trip to the Hilbert Hotel.

WaniKani expansion pack including every kanji that has ever been composed and hasn’t been included yet

then they start inventing new ones

3 Likes

do we know when to expect it?
I mean the 100ish that is excluded in stats

They will not actually ever add “every kanji that has ever been composed” but do expect some Content Updates actually including more kanji:

If you want a certain kanji to be added, consider that there’s possibly a reason they chose NOT to include it - e.g. it’s not useful enough…

1 Like

If you’re looking for a study group, come join us here: Level 21 before 2021!

Bunch of slow-paced and beginner learners that cheer each other on and share tips/experiences. Happy studying!

3 Likes

I did join :DDD see u there

2 Likes

Be prepared to learn 𪚥

2 Likes

2 Likes

Um no. The key is just don’t stop, like I did on 7 and then had to reset to 2. Going slow is fine. Stopping entirely is bad.

The heatmap also helps to keep me motivated

You get interesting stats like between levels 4 and 5 and 10 and 11 took me the exact same number of days but I had over twice the average number of daily reviews. However a good amount of that are items that cycle from guru to apprentice a few times before making it to master. Which I’ve decided not to concern myself about and just let the SRS system do its job.

3 Likes

@skatefriday Can I get this heatmap on mobile? :o I’m not really sure how this works … i haven’t used scripts yet :<

@ everyone here
offtopic, but thank you for the many many comments in this thread, It was such a warm welcome ^^

3 Likes

I don’t ever use mobile so I don’t know, but here’s the post introducing heatmap, with instructions.

You can use scripts on Android using Firefox and Tampermonkey

1 Like

Many devices can’t display the final character, and instead show a box. The real character can be viewed here:

3 Likes