[Stats] Simple progress chart: Zenshin

LOL. Thanks?!

Actually it is kinda motivating in a way… motivating me to try not to repeat my mistakes and NOT give up this time! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Well, I’m at level 12 and I’m already reading manga every day. Of course I need to stop every few words to look up in the dictionary, but every week I see new words that I recognize, so the progress is real and there’s no way I’d give up.

Maybe you need to apply what you’re studying in a way that makes sense to you.

2 Likes

Neat! It matches my projection for this summer, although I hope to complete WK in less than 2 more years :sweat_smile:

I absolutely agree. I decided to finally take real classroom lessons, and for me, the structure and being REQUIRED to be there every week is really helping me keep the momentum. Otherwise, life just gets in the way sometimes.

And yes, I also agree that people should start reading as soon as possible. There are lots of other threads on here about that, but I think it is essential to start immersing in the language as soon as possible.

1 Like

I first tried it quite a while ago, but I didn’t like it then. It just wasn’t the right time for me. I think the program could do with some better onboarding. I might have been more open to it then if it had had that.

1 Like

Are you sure you’re not thinking of another tool? This one has only existed for a week

I think he’s talking about WK, not my tool.

1 Like

Ohhhh, that makes a lot of sense

Thanks, cool app.

Yeah, I meant WK. The tool shows that I started around June of 2017, but level 1 was completed in January of 2021. I should have clarified that.

1 Like

Obligatory “Here’s mine!” post. I’m curious how the current level will look once I finish it. I’m doing 2 kanji instead of 3 per day for a change. Should take several days longer.

1 Like

Wow, mine looks extra funky LOL but that’s the price of waiting so long for when I felt WK was just right to start. :grin:

2 Likes

I know I’m more than halfway done, but I didn’t expect it to have that little variance.

2 Likes

Yeah, I should probably trim the start whenever the user has a pause longer than N months and restarts from level 1.

Wouldn’t it be easier for you if the user could just choose when to start the graph manually? See [WebApp] WaniKani Timemachine! or [Userscript] WaniKani Workload Graph.

2 Likes

Done. Now you can set a custom start date for the chart.

Also, I have added a speed line that shows your average completion speed in levels per month. The maximum value is around 4.5 (1 level per week) but the right-side axis goes up to 6 for graphical reasons.

This is yet another tool to show you if and when you’ve been slacking off… :smirk:

I have only access to my own account, so if you spot any issues on yours, especially if you have “gaps” or other weird features, please post a screenshot.

4 Likes

My graph - as expected - looks quite interesting :slight_smile:

Especially in that middle part around July - Oct. 2019, maybe your interpolation function is not loose enough? Because I only change my pace ever so slightly, it is hardly visible in the blue curve, but the red one goes crazy and oscillates quite a bit. Maybe if you could somehow straighten this out a little bit, the information would still be there but it wouldn’t look as crazy?

(Note: If you’re interested in this data, please shoot me an email I will send you my API key so you can play around with this yourself and see what comes out - my email address is in my forum header)

4 Likes

There was a small bug, if you tried to add a new key and it didn’t work, please reload the page.

Love the addition of the speed graph. :smiley::+1:

Good metric too.

2 Likes

Shows quite clearly that I took more time for the last level. :smiley: 2 kanji per day felt a bit slow, though. For the current level I’m alternating between 2 and 3.

2 Likes