[Stats] Simple progress chart: Zenshin

Are you sure you’re not thinking of another tool? This one has only existed for a week

I think he’s talking about WK, not my tool.

1 Like

Ohhhh, that makes a lot of sense

Thanks, cool app.

Yeah, I meant WK. The tool shows that I started around June of 2017, but level 1 was completed in January of 2021. I should have clarified that.

1 Like

Obligatory “Here’s mine!” post. I’m curious how the current level will look once I finish it. I’m doing 2 kanji instead of 3 per day for a change. Should take several days longer.

1 Like

Wow, mine looks extra funky LOL but that’s the price of waiting so long for when I felt WK was just right to start. :grin:

2 Likes

I know I’m more than halfway done, but I didn’t expect it to have that little variance.

2 Likes

Yeah, I should probably trim the start whenever the user has a pause longer than N months and restarts from level 1.

Wouldn’t it be easier for you if the user could just choose when to start the graph manually? See [WebApp] WaniKani Timemachine! or [Userscript] WaniKani Workload Graph.

2 Likes

Done. Now you can set a custom start date for the chart.

Also, I have added a speed line that shows your average completion speed in levels per month. The maximum value is around 4.5 (1 level per week) but the right-side axis goes up to 6 for graphical reasons.

This is yet another tool to show you if and when you’ve been slacking off… :smirk:

I have only access to my own account, so if you spot any issues on yours, especially if you have “gaps” or other weird features, please post a screenshot.

4 Likes

My graph - as expected - looks quite interesting :slight_smile:

Especially in that middle part around July - Oct. 2019, maybe your interpolation function is not loose enough? Because I only change my pace ever so slightly, it is hardly visible in the blue curve, but the red one goes crazy and oscillates quite a bit. Maybe if you could somehow straighten this out a little bit, the information would still be there but it wouldn’t look as crazy?

(Note: If you’re interested in this data, please shoot me an email I will send you my API key so you can play around with this yourself and see what comes out - my email address is in my forum header)

4 Likes

There was a small bug, if you tried to add a new key and it didn’t work, please reload the page.

Love the addition of the speed graph. :smiley::+1:

Good metric too.

2 Likes

Shows quite clearly that I took more time for the last level. :smiley: 2 kanji per day felt a bit slow, though. For the current level I’m alternating between 2 and 3.

2 Likes

Hey, this is pretty great. Thanks!

(I need to get better at keeping up with the community threads.)

mine is a mess, I guess. is it saying I will finish wk in september next year?

well, I dont know the time between level ups is increasing everything I dont know why, 7 days in the beginning, then 10, now it has been 14 days and no level up.

:crossed_fingers:

Yours looks pretty good actually. Don’t strive for a perfectly regular line, that’s impossible. What you should look out for is avoiding pitfalls, such as getting so many reviews piled up that you get swamped and stop doing it altogether, or getting “burned out”. As long as you keep a steady pace, you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Doing good! So far.