SRS levels within Apprentice / Guru

Hey there,

I love Wanikani! Thanks for making it. :slight_smile:

Is there a way that I can get a breakdown of the SRS levels on the dashboard? I haven’t found anything like that on /t/The-New-And-Improved-List-Of-API-and-Third-Party-Apps/7694.

E.g. I see:

And it would be nice to see the breakdown across SRS levels (perhaps when I hover):

E.g.

1 Like

Yes you can!

The Dashboard progress Plus Userscript shows SRS levels for your current level:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/9552-wanikani-dashboard-progress-plus/code/WaniKani%20Dashboard%20Progress%20Plus.user.js
Ultimate Timeline userscript can show you for upcoming reviews:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/13475-wanikani-ultimate-timeline/code/WaniKani%20Ultimate%20Timeline.user.js

Keep in mind that only Apprentice and Guru have multiple levels (4 and 2 respectively).

As I understand it you would like a breakdown which shows you the srs level of items within Apprentice and Guru, so you can see how far within each of those your items have graduated. While I have not seen a userscript that does this (the one suggested above shows a breakdown by item type classed by apprentice, guru… and not what you seem to be asking for), I have however written an android app which does this. Android app WaniKanji
Feel free to try it and leave feedback on the thread linked above.

HTH

1 Like

Thanks, folks.

VegasVed - I would gladly use your app if I had an Android phone. :+1:

Hmm. Looking at the API I think I should be able to make a greasemonkey script to do the job: https://www.wanikani.com/api (e.g. Kanji List etc for all levels). Not sure if I’ll put the work in to do it, though. Although the rate limit would make it tricky:

Requests are arbitrary throttled to 40 per minute.

1 Like

Hmm. Then again, I think all the information is likely in the Ultimate Timeline already…

Yep. Ultimate Timeline puts user_data in local storage. E.g.: JSON.parse(localStorage.getItem('timeln_cache')) then contains information like:

{"level":3,"character":"友","meaning":"friend","onyomi":"ゆう","kunyomi":"とも","important_reading":"onyomi","nanori":null,"user_specific":{"srs":"apprentice","srs_numeric":3,"unlocked_date":1501555165,"available_date":1501812000,"burned":false,"burned_date":0,"meaning_correct":2,"meaning_incorrect":0,"meaning_max_streak":2,"meaning_current_streak":2,"reading_correct":2,"reading_incorrect":0,"reading_max_streak":2,"reading_current_streak":2,"meaning_note":null,"reading_note":null,"user_synonyms":null}}

The important part being: "srs_numeric":3.

Ok!! I have a script up and running. It looks like this:

I’ll use it for myself for a while to see if there are any bugs before I publish it.

4 Likes

I like people who have a problem and figure it out. Well done.

Please ping me when you do publish the script! :smile:

I’ve had the userscript running for a while and it’s stable. Here’s the thread: [Unsupported] Dashboard Userscript: Leech, Apprentice, and Guru detail (aka SRS level progress).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.