[STATS] Statistics site

Hmm… If I can pick up the pace just a little bit and level up consistently at just a few hours faster per level I will have burnt every single item on my birthday in 2017. Almost down to the minute of the actual birth. I think that’s a goal worth aiming for! 

Er - that’s amazing!!
Thanks so much, this alters my understanding of WK enormously, and has hugely added to my overall life happiness :slight_smile:

It’s amazing how much easier it is to fly the plane when you have good instrumentation.

Daayyyyuuuuuummm son.

That’s beautiful.

AnimeCanuck said...
rfindley said...[...]
Or am I missing what you're saying?

[...]
Um... Maybe?
[...]
My point is, I guess I'm not sure where the "you will level up at this time" is coming from. I had thought it was actively watching what state my kanji (and radicals) were in, but have I been wrong all along? 
For your next level-up, it works like this:
------------------------------------------------------------
Fastest:
Sort the radicals by SRS level.  The lowest SRS level is going to take the longest to guru.  For items at the same SRS level, the ones with farthest "next review" will take longer.  So, with this sorted list, I find the 90%'th radical, and use its calculated time-to-guru.  If you already have 90% of radicals guru'd, no time is added for radicals.
Then I move on to Kanji and do the same thing.

Estimated:
[Next Levelup] = [Last Levelup] + [Average]
If [Next Levelup] is sooner than [Fastest], set [Next Levelup] to [Fastest].
The "if" part can happen if you've already gone longer than average, but you still have more reviews to finish before you can guru.

Hypothetical:
Same as estimated, but uses the hypothetical number you entered instead of your average.

For everything beyond the current level:
------------------------------------------------------------
Fastest:  [Previous level] + [standard max level-up (7d20h for standard levels, 4d10h for short levels, and some exceptions for levels 1 and 2)]
Average:  [Previous level] + [average as shown at the top of the "Level Duration" graph)]
Hypothetical: [Previous level] + [hypothetical level-up speed, as entered in the hypothetical box.]

Supported URL parameters:

apikey
     Example:   apikey=d769556af1a5a701f5634734e53d0184
     Description:  You can bookmark a friend's stats by adding their API key to the URL.
                              This also allows you to disable browser cache, and not have to re-enter your API key every time.

exclude
     Example:   exclude=1-3,17,23
     Description:  Allows you to exclude WK levels from 'Average' and 'Estimate' calculations.

avg
     Example:   avg=8d10h
     Description:  Allows you to override your 'average' level-up time.
     [NOTE:  This overrides the levels you have excluded via the "Level Duration" graph]

hyp
     Example:   hyp=7d20h
     Description:  Allows you to specify your 'hypothetical' level-up time.

Assembling a correct URL:

The URL starts with:
      https://www.idigtech.com/wanikani/?

Now add a '?', followed by any of the supported parameters from above, with an '&' between each parameter.
      ?apikey=d769556af1a5a701f5634734e53d0184&exclude=1-3,17,23&hyp=7d20h

At the end, you can optionally add a specific page that you would like to go to.
Examples:
      #progress
      #charts.jlpt

So, a complete URL looks like:
      https://www.idigtech.com/wanikani/?apikey=d769556af1a5a701f5634734e53d0184&exclude=1-3,17,23&hyp=7d20h#progress

Linking to charts:

If you simply want to link someone to one of the charts, without requiring a login / apikey:
      https://www.idigtech.com/wanikani/#charts.jlpt           <-- JLPT chart
      https://www.idigtech.com/wanikani/#charts.joyo           <-- Joyo chart
      https://www.idigtech.com/wanikani/#charts.freq           <-- 2500 most frequently occurring kanji
      https://www.idigtech.com/wanikani/#charts.read           <-- Kanji frequency for News, Books, Twitter, and Wikipedia
1 Like

I added a “Force Refresh” option:
This will erase all of your saved data, and re-download it from WaniKani’s servers.

Please don’t use this option any more than necessary.
There’s supposedly a limit on the number of times per hour that you can access the WK servers with your own API key.  I don’t know what happens when you reach that limit, but don’t be the first one to find out :slight_smile:

If there’s a problem that makes you want to refresh, please report the problem to me so I can fix it  :slight_smile:
Thanks!!

Can you make the bar graph things larger? Or make an option to make them larger?

I ask because my eyesight is fairly poor and they don’t scale well when changing the browser scale

Crunderwood said... Can you make the bar graph things larger? Or make an option to make them larger?

I ask because my eyesight is fairly poor and they don't scale well when changing the browser scale
 You mean the JLPT / Joyo / Frequency progress bar graphs?

Don’t know if it’s a known issue or anything, but the current time on my level is messed up on the new interface:

Old: http://i.imgur.com/FiQwWYO.png
New: http://i.imgur.com/qZQUd3w.png

I just unlocked 33 a few minutes ago, so it should say 0 minutes, but on the new one, it somehow split the time from 32 into 33.

(Also I’ve tried Force Refresh, re-login with new API key)

Edit: This got fixed already, thanks!

I suddenly realized I haven’t expressed my gratitude for making this effort. I really like the new site, and I’m sure it’ll become even greater when everything is in place.

I’m not really knowledgable about how much it would cost to host a page like this. If it’s costly I’d gladly chip in if given the opportunity. I can’t make stuff like this, but atleast I can support those who do.

Anyway, thanks!

Just wanted to say my levels 4 and 5 have been fixed through whatever you did (probably force refresh) and everything seems to be working fine. :smiley:

Again, nice work~

I like the Jouyou and JPLT overview on the old version very much, don’t throw that out please!

I second that, but have a sneaking suspicion that the “Items” page that’s currently reserved will be used for that purpose exactly.

Very cool! 

I’m just wondering whether you plan on allowing us to tweak the data somewhat - not anything drastic, but it’d be nice to be allowed to exclude long periods of inactivity. I can think of two reasons:
- sometimes, life gets in the way and you need to spend a few days / weeks away from wanikani
- sometimes, users (like me) give wanikani a look, forget about it for a year or so, then start in earnest. I did not really spend 486 days on my level :slight_smile:

Such periods mess up predictions to the point of making them useless - I certainly hope I’ll be level 60 before 2027 with a rate of approximately one level up every 2 weeks :slight_smile:

nrinaudo said... I'm just wondering whether you plan on allowing us to tweak the data somewhat - not anything drastic, but it'd be nice to be allowed to exclude long periods of inactivity. I can think of two reasons:
- sometimes, life gets in the way and you need to spend a few days / weeks away from wanikani
- sometimes, users (like me) give wanikani a look, forget about it for a year or so, then start in earnest. I did not *really* spend 486 days on my level :)

Such periods mess up predictions to the point of making them useless - I certainly hope I'll be level 60 before 2027 with a rate of approximately one level up every 2 weeks :)
 Scroll down to the "Level Duration" graph.  You just need to click on the long levels, and they will become transparent, and will be excluded from calculations.
Aneeckha said... I like the Jouyou and JPLT overview on the old version very much, don't throw that out please!
 eninny said...
I second that, but have a sneaking suspicion that the "Items" page that's currently reserved will be used for that purpose exactly.
 Yes, the items tab will include that.  But it will look a bit different.  Would you mind telling me what you like about that section?  I'd like to make sure it will still provide the same (or better) information as the old version.

In the meantime, you can still access that page on the old site at idigtech.com/wkold

@rfindley yes I meant the joyo/JLPT graphs when I said the bar graphs

rfindley said...
Aneeckha said... I like the Jouyou and JPLT overview on the old version very much, don't throw that out please!
 eninny said...
I second that, but have a sneaking suspicion that the "Items" page that's currently reserved will be used for that purpose exactly.
 Yes, the items tab will include that.  But it will look a bit different.  Would you mind telling me what you like about that section?  I'd like to make sure it will still provide the same (or better) information as the old version.

In the meantime, you can still access that page on the old site at idigtech.com/wkold

Well, what it basically is: seeing exactly where I am in relation to elementary school kids and such and actually seeing which ones I still have to go for. Thanks for the great work!