Spring Study Binge ideas

Study binging is my thing. I have a Spring break coming up and I want to have a Japanese language boot camp.
I really like immersion and doing all Japanese all the time (although I’ve been kind of lazy recently)

How would you do a intense language bootcamp? Got any recommendations?

Would you like to join me??
March 18th-April 6th

6 Likes

I would definitely set aside a certain amount of time per day for some not-so-fun studying, e.g. things like working through a textbook or JLPT prep book, or working on difficult kanji/vocab. At least for me immersion is much easier to work into my usual routine since it’s more fun than serious studying. This is why I like to use free periods like yours for things like grammar studies, since I’ll still have time for fun immersion afterwards :smiley:

For more immersion suggestions, the idea of using that time to play through a video game in Japanese sounds fun to me, but I guess that’s a matter of personal taste :smiley:

I wish I could join you since a Japanese bootcamp sounds kinda cool but our spring breaks don’t seem to align :weary:

2 Likes

I really like that idea. I’ve neglected the not so fun studying for awhile.
I want to take abother look at the N3 grammar. Or go through one of those grammar video series.

3 Likes

My Japanese teacher does something called ‘Japanese coaching’ where you set an objective for the week and the teacher provides you with corresponding exercises for each day of the week. You do the exercises on your own, send them to your teacher at the end of each day and they correct them/give you feedback within 24 hours. It’s too intense for me at the moment, but it would seem like a good way to do some binge studying if you’re into having some structure and want to see you what you’ve achieved at the end. Good luck, have fun!

3 Likes

This sounds like a great idea. Usually when I am studying I will cycle a bunch of activities 30 mins at a time. For example I will read for 30 mins, write for 30, then watch an anime with 0 subs for listening practice; maybe sneak some vocab in the middle and repeat. If I had a group I would probably mix in some learning games too.

Idk if I would be able to sync up with your schedule but I am definitely interested in something like this.

3 Likes

I like the 30 min sessions
Usually I do 15mins so it makes sense to double it.

My rough plan:
Podcast and walking
Anki flashcards
Reading
Kanji
Anime translation
Less fun stuff
Some: writing, pronunciation, start a game.
Make new flashcards
Fall asleep watching movies

Not that different than my usual
I’m getting excited already

4 Likes

I’d be happy to join you! I’m hoping to get a walk in nearly every day after work while the weather is good, so I could even vc too around that time

1 Like

Not idea what you actually do during a bootcamp but also want to join. I need to do something to fight my laziness.

1 Like

Send me pics or it didn’t happen
The weather is so nice now

I sometimes go on discord to chat to strangers in Japanese. Please join

1 Like

Right?! I’ve been super lazy recently. It’s a big chance for me.

1 Like

Are you in the big Jpn-Eng one or a different one?

Early blossoms from my last walk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Plum blossoms aren’t even out yet here, I’m jealous!! Though I do seem to see some tiny pinkish-purple buds starting to form. The sakura buds on the other hand, nonexistent. TT.TT

1 Like

I think it’s pretty much just these and a few mountain varieties since I don’t think I’ve seen the usual plums blossom yet. That or I haven’t been walking enough lol

1 Like

I will join. Been binging every day for a year so will probably continue. Full speed WK (7d levels), 10 vocab cards + 5 grammar cards daily + a ton of immersion. Let’s go.

2 Likes

I’m in the big one
It’s usually a hit or miss

1 Like

Lets go!!!

It will be nice to completely remove my mind from English (except on this forum)

1 Like

Oh since we both live in the neighbourhood, we should do little challenges like read a sign or eavesdrop on a convo or something

1 Like

Sure! Although I’d prefer to social distance eavesdropping unfriendly distances lol

1 Like

Spring study binge is live!!!

I interupt you to share this video:
Just got to my grammar boring portion of my studying.
I forgot all of my formal Japanese so this video seems like a good review even though it is explained in English.

3 Likes

It was a good first day of binge studying
I didn’t like talking online so I will replace that with more listening instead.
For the rest of the night I will watch anime.
Screenshot_20220319-213349_Study Bunny

2 Likes