Songs To Jam Out To While Doing WaniKani

This webpage shows that listening to music boosts productivity, or in this instance, your ability to do WaniKani lessons/reviews.
So, feel free to post songs that help you work! Or just any songs that you really like. They do not have to be in Japanese/be J-Pop
I’ll start: Deer In The Headlights by Owl City

2 Likes

I like instrumental tracks for studying so I usually stick to video game soundtracks. I’ve been digging on Project Destati myself, but I think soundtracks are a little harder to get into without the connection to the work they’re from, so I’m sure non-Kingdom Hearts fans wouldn’t be as impressed as I am :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Mundo by IV of Spades,
You Say Run (or practically almost all soundtracks from my hero academia.)
Young and Beautiful by Lana del Rey.

3 Likes

Recently my go-to songs/genres have been for studying:
Ghibli OST piano mixes / Anime X OST piano mixes
Electro Swing
Maybe a bit of unhealthy dose of Lofi mixes.
All in all Youtube and its various 1h genre X mixes are handy!

I also tend to have a few “theme songs” that get stuck on infinite repeat while doing bigger projects. E.g. Can’t remember how many times I listened to the One punch man’s opening song while I was writing my bachelor’s thesis.

@Shadkat Yey! A fellow KH-fan. Need to give that soundtrack a try!

3 Likes

I’m also guilty of listening to Lo-Fi hip hop.

But other than that I can’t recommend Nujabes enough. Searching for “Nujabes homework edit” on YouTube usually gives you a 1 hour loop of his songs. Some people might start to find it irritating after a while but I’m so used to blend out the music and it really helps me focus.

4 Likes

Hi.
You are now in my cool people list. :tomato:

I mostly listen to anime OPs and EDs because they make me hyper and more motivated to keep going even after several mistakes. Except for the 月がきれいい ED. That’s for when I want the feels to hit me like a friggin train.

Here’s one of OPs I listen to:

4 Likes

I love anime OST piano remixes too! especially for background music.
And Electro Swing is such an amazing genre! I was floored when I first heard an electro swing remix!

Personally I listen to a lot of different music depending on what I’m in the mood for, but one favourite that always motivates me from some reasoning is the OP from Ao Haru Ride.

2 Likes

Well, i would be glad to post my whole playlist, but it’s 293 hours long (and consists mostly of different subgenres of metal)

2 Likes

i don’t listen to anything, too busy focusing on pitch accent.
Although i’m sure i could be quicker review wise if i listened to some music to get in a trance

2 Likes

Nujabes is my favorite!!!

2 Likes

This is my go-to playlist if I feel like listening to something.

Not really relaxing but I love persona.

4 Likes

I just have the macarena on constant loop.
I feel compelled to dance along constantly, but it’s quite tedious, as the only time I have the opportunity to type a letter into the input bar is on the third beat when my right hand goes forward.

14 Likes

Thank you for making me laugh for the first time today :heart:

2 Likes

I have a jpop station on my Pandora that I listen to. It’s a mix of anime themes, The pillows, liSA, and some others.

1 Like

I often listen to Restaurant Music Love on my Apple Music lately while doing WaniKani and KameSame lessons/reviews.

I like eating delicious healthy foods. Any music that stimulates me having such experience seems to boost my WK experience. It feels like eating WK reviews and when I’m done with the reviews, it often feels like I’d like more healthy foods/reviews.

2 Likes

Umph. Nujabes. Sumarai champloo for life. You are a person of taste indeed.

2 Likes

18th century classical :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve taken to kicking back with some low-volume Japanese city pop in the background whilst doing some reviews, similar to what heisamaniac posted. There’s a 24/7 stream running on Youtube which has video of nighttime driving through Japanese streets. It’s pretty relaxing, if a little eclectic at times.

I’ll be bookmarking that Persona playlist as well I think :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t want it, but it has now begun to play through my head…

Better put on some different music so I don’t get stuck in the same ‘one letter per cycle’ trap as a dance. It already took me several hours to type this reply, after all.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh YES I looove me some good city pop. This station is amazing.

1 Like