So far my Japanese

I think the confusion is that Leo does not mean lion. ライオン or しし is a lion. Leo is a constellation, which is called レオ or 獅子座(ししざ)

Ehh probably makes more sense the way you see it with being sick. I would only argue that 病気 shouldn’t be used here because it refers more to a disease rather than just having a cold. At least that is my understanding. I will update with 体調たいちょうが悪くなりましたから明日仕事に行きません。Unless you have another suggestion that would make more sense/be easier to understand.

I would think that you could make a date the subject of the sentence. I think it really just depends on how you phrase it.

I think right now this reads like “I will not feel well tomorrow so I will not go to work.”
Maybe something like this would be better?
体調が悪くなりましたので明日仕事に行けません
I don’t feel well, so I won’t be able to go to work tomorrow.

The basic dictionary form or ます equivalent typically takes on a future meaning, so I think the first clause should be in past tense.

Great way to practice your Japanese! Good work :v:

4 Likes

This 80/20 guide is really helpful, I’m not a fan of grammar so the way he explains it makes it much easier! Thank you!

1 Like

Interesring, but this was not about the omission of particles (which is mostly a thing in colloquial speech), but about using する instead of 浴びる. What does your language partner think about that?

1 Like

Am I crazy or is the katakana in #1 & #4 really tiny?

I couldn’t say whether or not you’re crazy, but yeah, that’s half-width kana. Not completely sure how that could have been selected by accident.

2 Likes

Ok cool, wasn’t sure if it was just my laptop acting up or something. Thanks. :smiley:

Got me on that one. Completely forgot the past tense here. Will Update.

I was annoyed by the katakana switch, xd.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.