Skipping known radicals/kanji/words?

Is it possible to skip known radicals/kanji/words etc? I took the N2 exam last December and these early words seem a bit boring. The site is quite good for the most part and would like to see if it has something to offer on my level.

thanks.

1 Like

There is no way to skip content, you might want to take a look at the FAQ: WaniKani Knowledge | What is WaniKani? How do I do this and that? What is life? Find the answers here.

2 Likes

If you took the N2, I think you might be better off using whatever you were doing before to study kanji rather than using wanikani.

Wanikani isn’t for advanced learners (unless they’ve been neglecting kanji).

I see, thanks for the clarification.

To clarify more, wanikani is great and if you’re bored now, you might find that things pick up quickly.

However, if you know your N2 kanji and vocab well, you’re not going to see a lot of unknown material for 5-6 months I think.

If you know a decent vocab, I think a better way is to follow Heisig’s RTK order while still following WaniKani’s learning pattern – Kanji-in-the-wild learning pattern (outside WaniKani)

Also, WaniKani level required for all N3 and N2 kanji is Level 51. That’s almost Lv 60. No qualm though, if you want N4 kanji (Level 27) and N5 kanji (Level 16). For N4 and N5, RTK might be too overwhelming.

So that can have some random but simple Kanji to learn every now and then. It might also be better for both memorization and handwriting.

So that you don’t have to see ćŻș after 持.

1 Like

I can’t say I know all the N2 material as I didn’t pass the exam; hopefully next time, it was quite close. I will try this Heisig’s RTK as now I don’t have a tutor and try by myself whatever I can.

Thank you for the responses.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.