Skipping certain items at review times

I was wondering if there was a script for this. I have a review at a bad time, and I want to skip it so I don’t have to do it the next day until the optimal time, is there a way to do this? Also, this is my first post here!

I’m not sure I understand your question. You don’t have to do any reviews as they appear on your dashboard, but can simply choose a different time to do them.

As for individual review items, that’s harder to accomplish. There is however the Wanikani Later Crabigator script that lets you push individual review items to the back of the queue. You can then simply close the review session without doing those items until you’re ready to do so, next review session.

That being said, postponing reviews will increase the difficulty for yourself in getting them right. SRS is all about gradually increasing the time interval for memory retrieval. If you’re increasing those time intervals yourself, that’s the same as making reviews more difficult - before you might be ready for the next step in memory challenge so to speak. But, only you can really know if that’s the case for a specific item.

There are even more ways to reorganize the ordering of items during reviews (both in the native settings on the dashboard and by looking for other scripts. You can check out the 3rd party app-section for more scripts.

3 Likes

Oh well, that’s good enough

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.